User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Ass

Today,

I was at work, and was getting small P. (as opposed to the 34 other "Ps" at my office) prepped and ready to do a site visit to County Mayo tomorrow. This is his first major field work out of the office on his own, so we were going over stuff.

I put my Boss Hat on. sweet.

P goes: "OK what else do I need"

I said: "do you have your location map of the proposed alignment?"

P: Yep

Me: Do you have the highway map so you can find it?

P: Yep

Me: You got the map of Mayo?

P: Yep

Me: Can you think of any other maps you need?

P: Dont think so

Me: Well do you have a map of my ass?

(he didnt hear me, I was facing my desk, so he just kept typing)

Me: I said, 'do you have a map of my ass?' cause you're gonna need to know where to go once you get there...

(he didn't hear me because I was still talking "away" from him)

Dammit! I started laughing really hard because that was SO DAMN FUNNNY (it was late in the day & I had 3 cups of coffee) and he all of a sudden goes:

"WHAT?"

Me: I SAID, 'do you have a map of my ass', cause you might not know where to go, when you get there!'

P: "HOLY MACAROLI!" (sometimes, P says stuff... from cartoons) "I dont even know what your husband would say about that?!?"

The funniness of this whole dialogue is directly proportional to how innocent our young hero is. I only wish I could convey this in words. Just wait til I add a photo. Soon.

0 Responses to “Ass”

Post a Comment



© 2006