Am I the only 1 in the world who has to put up with this shit?
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 19 October 2005 at 10/19/2005 06:33:00 pm.
I was always really annoyed in high school because EVERYONE I knew had cooler parents (read: mother) than me. I thought maybe when I grew up that my mom would mellow out and stop being such a psycho cow freak.
Oh no she hasn't.
Maybe other people have those in their lives that could be classified as neurotic power-tripping head-cases, but at least for the people around me, that would include an aunt or a sister or a mother-in-law or ??? Not me, oh hell no, I got the bitchy mom. The one who you have to put up with for ETERNITY, not just once a year at xmas. . .
She's the kind of person who sends you those cheesey forward-email thingys that are meant to be emotional and inspirational, and you're meant to send them to people you care about because it reflects how you value their friendship or whatEVER. Sometimes you even leave a little note in the header that says something like "Saw this and thought of you..." or I DONT KNOW I DONT SEND THEM. But with my mom, rather than sending it to you because it's related to HER caring about YOU, she sends it in hopes that it's YOU who sees how it's relavant to HER!
Seriously, these FWs come from her, to you, with an addendum saying something to the effect of:
"I hope you read this and it makes you think about how you treat people who have only ever been kind and considerate to you, like your parents and grandparents."
Or if it's one about some adult who's parents (or a close elderly neighbour) has passed away, and he reflects on all the things he never said to them and wished he had, then her addendum would be something to the effect of:
"Just remember that your parents love you and even though you may not realize it, they have always done everything in their power to make sure that you are taken care of and BLAH friggin BLAH BLAH..."
DUH! That's not even what the touchy-feeley forward story was about! It was about a guy who had unresolved issues with some old dead bollocks! There is no moral that has anything to do with a parent's unconditional love! Like if you're gonna plague me with blatently passive-agressive parable emails, at least friggin make sure they're relavant to the message?!!? UGH! ANNOYING MUCH!?!?!?!??!
Maybe everyone does know someone who has to make EVERYTHING about themselves? But heaven help you if it's a parent. I'm thinking of starting a society for support, "Society for People who Got the Wrong Parents". In adulthood is when it gets really nasty when you're in this position. While you're so used to just writing off people in your every-day-adult-life, who are nothing more than useless baggage and non-beneficial, you just can't get rid of the Matriarch. It's not POSSIBLE. She would hunt you down and EAT you.
Oh no she hasn't.
Maybe other people have those in their lives that could be classified as neurotic power-tripping head-cases, but at least for the people around me, that would include an aunt or a sister or a mother-in-law or ??? Not me, oh hell no, I got the bitchy mom. The one who you have to put up with for ETERNITY, not just once a year at xmas. . .
She's the kind of person who sends you those cheesey forward-email thingys that are meant to be emotional and inspirational, and you're meant to send them to people you care about because it reflects how you value their friendship or whatEVER. Sometimes you even leave a little note in the header that says something like "Saw this and thought of you..." or I DONT KNOW I DONT SEND THEM. But with my mom, rather than sending it to you because it's related to HER caring about YOU, she sends it in hopes that it's YOU who sees how it's relavant to HER!
Seriously, these FWs come from her, to you, with an addendum saying something to the effect of:
"I hope you read this and it makes you think about how you treat people who have only ever been kind and considerate to you, like your parents and grandparents."
Or if it's one about some adult who's parents (or a close elderly neighbour) has passed away, and he reflects on all the things he never said to them and wished he had, then her addendum would be something to the effect of:
"Just remember that your parents love you and even though you may not realize it, they have always done everything in their power to make sure that you are taken care of and BLAH friggin BLAH BLAH..."
DUH! That's not even what the touchy-feeley forward story was about! It was about a guy who had unresolved issues with some old dead bollocks! There is no moral that has anything to do with a parent's unconditional love! Like if you're gonna plague me with blatently passive-agressive parable emails, at least friggin make sure they're relavant to the message?!!? UGH! ANNOYING MUCH!?!?!?!??!
Maybe everyone does know someone who has to make EVERYTHING about themselves? But heaven help you if it's a parent. I'm thinking of starting a society for support, "Society for People who Got the Wrong Parents". In adulthood is when it gets really nasty when you're in this position. While you're so used to just writing off people in your every-day-adult-life, who are nothing more than useless baggage and non-beneficial, you just can't get rid of the Matriarch. It's not POSSIBLE. She would hunt you down and EAT you.
0 Responses to “Am I the only 1 in the world who has to put up with this shit?”
Post a Comment