Bank Holiday = rock
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 31 October 2005 at 10/31/2005 05:27:00 pm.
It is monday I didn't have to work. Holiday holiday holiday WOO WOO!!
The breakdown of Jazz weekend went something like this:
Friday night H beat my ass in squash like usual.
We ate dinner and watched TV until like 2am and drank a fine Australian Shiraz (Bin 888).
Saturday kicked off about 3 pm and me & h. & P. & V. & everybody made it to about 9 different locations including the Well as predicted for a combination of Oktoberfest AND the jazz weekend. Kalvin's girlfriend is beautiful and sooooooooooo nice I wish she didnt live in Wales because now she'll only get to come over every once in awhile (and make me look like the fashion idiot that I am).
I had about 5 Heinikens which took me up to about the 3rd pub on the Jazz Trail (the Vinyard, where some US blues band was playing, they were quite good) then decided it would be a good idea to try a variety of Polish beers at the Oktoberfest across the river, which were all bad but man the Polish guys are/were hot. Then we went to the rooftop bar Suas, no bands there but Tiger beer (yummy) at which time i decided it would be an even BETTER idea to switch to vodka and lime. At this stage I was into about 8 standard units as were the guys. Which meant anytime someone went to the bar to order me a vodka and lime, I would get like. .. . random quantities of lime. As in sometimes 1 shot of vodka and like 8 oz of this sickly sweet hole-in-your-stomach-burning thick cordial. and like 1 ice cube. It wasnt going well, but by about drink #10 I was hopped up on lime enough to lose sleep for the next 2 days. Which I guess sobered me up a bit.
We went to Clancy's, that band sucked, so we went to the Newport, and as with cases where you've been drinking slowly for long periods of time, some of us were tired and some of us were wired (gee, now who would that have been) so there was some deliberating about whether or not to finish up at the nightclub next door (10€ a head and there were Dutch guys in the crowd so that was declined) and ended up all parting ways at 1 am instead. H & PW and I walked home via Shandon St. so that we could enjoy a gratuitous Doner Kebab from the Dhata boys at the top of the hill and came back to our place where we then decided we'd had enough so called it a night.
Slept til 10 and forgot about the hour change. . .. . . DAMN the extra hour wasted
Saturday night champagne and beer and various alcho-pops at S's as we had said we Would NOT be doing, but those guys make all discipline get cast to the wind. Walked home at 1am as per usual and slept til 11.
Today is sunday and so far we have drunk cappucino at Costa and ate too much cheesey toasted sandwichy things. But Maarten is here now so we have to come up with something interesting to do which is why this post sounds lame and disjointed and completely boring - - - I'm just not inspired or with it.
The Corpse Bride at the cinema? Perhaps! Happy Halloween and I love Tim Burton!
Happy Anniversary to myself and the Mancakes for our 5-year-anniversary-of-meeting! Cheers!
The breakdown of Jazz weekend went something like this:
Friday night H beat my ass in squash like usual.
We ate dinner and watched TV until like 2am and drank a fine Australian Shiraz (Bin 888).
Saturday kicked off about 3 pm and me & h. & P. & V. & everybody made it to about 9 different locations including the Well as predicted for a combination of Oktoberfest AND the jazz weekend. Kalvin's girlfriend is beautiful and sooooooooooo nice I wish she didnt live in Wales because now she'll only get to come over every once in awhile (and make me look like the fashion idiot that I am).
I had about 5 Heinikens which took me up to about the 3rd pub on the Jazz Trail (the Vinyard, where some US blues band was playing, they were quite good) then decided it would be a good idea to try a variety of Polish beers at the Oktoberfest across the river, which were all bad but man the Polish guys are/were hot. Then we went to the rooftop bar Suas, no bands there but Tiger beer (yummy) at which time i decided it would be an even BETTER idea to switch to vodka and lime. At this stage I was into about 8 standard units as were the guys. Which meant anytime someone went to the bar to order me a vodka and lime, I would get like. .. . random quantities of lime. As in sometimes 1 shot of vodka and like 8 oz of this sickly sweet hole-in-your-stomach-burning thick cordial. and like 1 ice cube. It wasnt going well, but by about drink #10 I was hopped up on lime enough to lose sleep for the next 2 days. Which I guess sobered me up a bit.
We went to Clancy's, that band sucked, so we went to the Newport, and as with cases where you've been drinking slowly for long periods of time, some of us were tired and some of us were wired (gee, now who would that have been) so there was some deliberating about whether or not to finish up at the nightclub next door (10€ a head and there were Dutch guys in the crowd so that was declined) and ended up all parting ways at 1 am instead. H & PW and I walked home via Shandon St. so that we could enjoy a gratuitous Doner Kebab from the Dhata boys at the top of the hill and came back to our place where we then decided we'd had enough so called it a night.
Slept til 10 and forgot about the hour change. . .. . . DAMN the extra hour wasted
Saturday night champagne and beer and various alcho-pops at S's as we had said we Would NOT be doing, but those guys make all discipline get cast to the wind. Walked home at 1am as per usual and slept til 11.
Today is sunday and so far we have drunk cappucino at Costa and ate too much cheesey toasted sandwichy things. But Maarten is here now so we have to come up with something interesting to do which is why this post sounds lame and disjointed and completely boring - - - I'm just not inspired or with it.
The Corpse Bride at the cinema? Perhaps! Happy Halloween and I love Tim Burton!
Happy Anniversary to myself and the Mancakes for our 5-year-anniversary-of-meeting! Cheers!
0 Responses to “Bank Holiday = rock”
Post a Comment