User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Absolutely nothing. And turkey.

I have absolutely no desire to blog.

We had a great weekend with Jean but I have nooooooo desire to blog.
Some guy i used to hang out with a lot in high school just got arrested for murder in our hometown and i have no desire to blog about that either.
Plus I realized i never committed our weekend in England a few weeks back to the writings.
But I don't waaaaaaaaaaaant toooooooooooo. Hmph!

Ok but in the interest of putting something in writing that I really dont want to forget, here's what i made for dinner the other night. It was healthy. I made it up, and I dont want to forget:

Jill's Monday Turkey Thingy
Step 1 - the warm meat:
-2 turkey breasts, butterflied.
-Grill them (I did it UNDER the grill, not ON the grill) til cooked through
-Spread a layer of pesto on them 1/2 way through the grilling time so pesto kinda melts.
Turkey should be golden brown by now, with melty pesto.

Step 2 - the cold topping:
- 1 can of butter beans + 1 can of chickpeas: MASH UP, ROUGHLY
- 1 decent chunk of feta cheese: MASH UP INTO THE BEANS/CHICKPEAS
- some pitted olives, roughly chopped: INTO THE ABOVE MASHED STUFF
- roughly chopped coriander (and/or basil leaves maybe?) into the above
- salt, pepper, squeeze of lemon.

Step 3 - the eating:
Whilst the turkey is piping hot out of the grill, put on plate and drizzle with some olive oil, squeeze some lemon.
Then top with the cold mashy stuff and add some sundried tomatoes on top.

it was DIVINE. I want to have it again. hannes loved it.
and it was easy peasy japaneesy.

0 Responses to “Absolutely nothing. And turkey.”

Post a Comment



© 2006