
My dogs are a hoot.
At the moment we have a foster dog with a busted leg who has to be kept confined to a small room to allow his legs to heal and his staples to remain uninfected. He was banged up pretty bad and had to have his leg put back together which takes a long time to mend, especially when puppies want to bounce around and lick their wounds, etc.
So anyway this little guy, a black cockerspaniel I call Grellan McGruff, has to be confined. Plus he has to wear the satellite dish around his head so he doesn't lick.
Refer to photo.

Well anyway, being that we've chosen to confine him to the computer room, I subsequently have to leave that door shut while I'm in it. And the other puppies have to stay OUT of it or they'll all bounce around together. So that's the background and this is the (lame) story:
I left Reggie outside when I got home. BillyBob and Reilly wanted to come inside. Whatever. I locked myself and Grellan upstairs in the computer room. Reggie was standing at the back door and I could hear him whining to come in, but tough shit, Reg, you wanted to go OUT ya fruitcake. I ain't budging. Unbeknownst to me, the 2 puppies INSIDE have mastered the backdoor, which opens OUT. I hear a bit of -something-, the back door opening, and the quiet pitter-patter of THREE sets of puppy paws tripping off down the hall.
I spend the next 30 seconds to 1 minute talking nonsense to the husband, who I believe is home. He doesnt answer so I go check out the situation and find the sneaky bastards all having a fine and dandy time in the living room. And of course, the husband NOT home... Go figure.
No. on Second Thought, do NOT go figure!!-- because *I* can't figure it out. Hell, Reilly isn't that tall, even on her back legs. Billy is the size of a football! How the hell. . .??? The doorknob (which I realize is a handle, not a knob) is like at least 3 ft + off the ground. What, did they stand on each other's shoulders or... jeez now I'm really dumbfounded.
Weirdos.
0 Responses to “Puppy circus”
Post a Comment