User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Random. No wait: it's Addiction.

(I was going to list all the random things in my head on this dreary friday evening... Yes indeed, it's 5pm and pitch black outside... but I could only do one, because I got myself so worked up, I forgot the others.)

Grievance of the Day: I once kicked the coffee habit. I believe it was nearly 2 years ago that I just wasn't drinking coffee. Period. Then this new job started and they have "Coffee's Ready Now" time, where the secretary comes on the intercom and says (really quickly) "Coffee'sReadyNow!!" and everyone marches down to the cafeteria and gets their coffee at 10:30 every morning. Well I thought this was cute, so I was sucked into it again. I mean, they are effectively FORCING you to have coffeetime, so why the hell not? And it really IS so much more substantial than tea. I like tea- but come on, it's just not the same on so many, MANY levels.

I not only love coffee again, but I love SUPER coffee... not instant, not crap, not mediocre, it has to taste like GOOD coffee or I will dump it out. Even the kitchen ladies at work are making a special pot of plunger coffee for me and a few of the Roads engineers who refuse to drink that Crapwell House granulated shit.

So now, not only am I an addict again (I still think I'm being pretty good limiting myself to 2 cups a day though), I'm also a coffee snob. This makes life very hard for me. I can't just go to my friends' houses and say "yeah sure, boil the kettle and let's have an average, weak-yet-scorched-tasting cup of instant crap coffee!". I can't even be satisfied with my own brewing sometimes. Lately, I've even been making CAPPUCINO at home, rather than plain filter coffee... because it's BETTER... we should never have gotten that milk frother. Now it takes me 7-8 minutes to prepare.

ugh. I'm so high-maintenence.

I made this one the other morning:

Isn't it beautiful???

0 Responses to “Random. No wait: it's Addiction.”

Post a Comment



© 2006