The goose is getting fat....
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 12 December 2005 at 12/12/2005 07:28:00 pm.
...man I really can't believe it... I am *actually* getting excited to go back to my hometown. How gloriously weird!!!
In the interest of documenting exactly why I am excited, I have compiled the following list. I love lists, and this is my most favourite list of the moment.
Things I am looking forward to about 23 Dec. - 7 Jan.
by: me.
1) Taco Bell
2) Los Primos (restaurant) & other assorted real, MEXICAN EATIN!!!
3) Friends who will interestingly enough, be in the same place at same time!!
4) Brother who I have seen 4x in 6 years, and will FINALLY for the first time in SIX YEARS be spending time with me ALONE *sanz* annoying female baggage!!!
5) The Gap
6) Old Navy
7) Shakespears with C.S.K.!! (and generally going out, hanging out with said CSK)
8) Columbia, altogether
9) The possibility of snow
10)Semi-pleasant, pseudo-social gathering of cocktail drinking type people on 31 Dec.
11)Sushi
12)Seeing new retail/commercial developments I dont know or expect, in the hometown
13)Walking past people in the street, that I used to know, but now, am so far removed+forgotten that they most likely won't recognize me
14)Did I mention affordable clothes?
15)Can you say "Outlet Mall"??!?!?
16)Aunt Barb and Uncle Jim
17)Aunt Peggy and Uncle Marc
17a) The big Fambly Dinner on the 27th incorporating us + #'s16/17
18)Drinking my parents booze
19)Eating my parents food
20)Someone cooking for me
21)Seeing my family adore my husband
22)My husband finally meeting some infamous names-without-faces
23)Sleeping late and not having to work
24)The walking/fitness trail within walking distance to my parents house
25)Climate controlled houses
26)Sleeping in the new bed my mom bought for my old room because I kept bitching and moaning (& threatening not to come home) about the old one (too squeeky & not long enough for Daddy Long Legs)
27)Getting fussed over by parents/grandparents
28)Rubbing it in that I refuse to live in the USA so long as ass-wipe is the president (target: certain family members)
29)Seeing my parents faces when we give them one whopper of an anniversary present from both brother and me (prof. photos - what they've always wanted but never have 2 kids in the same time zone)
30)CHEAP FOOD
31)MADISONS HOT WINGS (that deserved capital letters)
32)Finally seeing MIKE again
33)Finally seeing Mike and Heidi TOGETHER
34)Seeing Heidi's mom and dad
35)Meeting approximately 5 children (of friends) that I've never met
36)American TV
36a) Watching a football game of my choice on American TV & not hearing british-accented commentators
37)Malls (which I used to avoid when I lived there)
38)Seeing people who I havent seen for going on 10 or more years but feeling like we just hung out yesterday and it not being weird or awkward at all
39)Stalking Gina hahahaha
40)Going to Washington DC on new years day for ANOTHER cocktail party at Beth's
41)Hanging out with the 2nd most dense contingency of my american friends in one spot: DC
42)Showing Hannes my old stomping ground in Georgetown & where I used to hang out, etc
43)Hanging out with Ellen and Oliver again, but this time NOT in England or Ireland
44)Meeting the INFAMOUS Misha
45)Seeing Beth's pimp pad in Adams Morgan that I've heard so much about - and confirming that yes, Tryst is indeed across the street !?
46)Witnessing Heidi G. in a domestic, co-habitational situation
47)Showing Hannes some seriously american icons i.e. the white house, monuments, etc.
48)Delivering neglected, rescued Irish greyhounds to new, loving, forever-homes in Boston
49)Eating heaps
50)Resurrecting the Amero-Jill from somewhere within the deep deep depths of the Wayward weirdo who's typing this list, and seeing what she's like after so long. . .
In the interest of documenting exactly why I am excited, I have compiled the following list. I love lists, and this is my most favourite list of the moment.
Things I am looking forward to about 23 Dec. - 7 Jan.
by: me.
1) Taco Bell
2) Los Primos (restaurant) & other assorted real, MEXICAN EATIN!!!
3) Friends who will interestingly enough, be in the same place at same time!!
4) Brother who I have seen 4x in 6 years, and will FINALLY for the first time in SIX YEARS be spending time with me ALONE *sanz* annoying female baggage!!!
5) The Gap
6) Old Navy
7) Shakespears with C.S.K.!! (and generally going out, hanging out with said CSK)
8) Columbia, altogether
9) The possibility of snow
10)Semi-pleasant, pseudo-social gathering of cocktail drinking type people on 31 Dec.
11)Sushi
12)Seeing new retail/commercial developments I dont know or expect, in the hometown
13)Walking past people in the street, that I used to know, but now, am so far removed+forgotten that they most likely won't recognize me
14)Did I mention affordable clothes?
15)Can you say "Outlet Mall"??!?!?
16)Aunt Barb and Uncle Jim
17)Aunt Peggy and Uncle Marc
17a) The big Fambly Dinner on the 27th incorporating us + #'s16/17
18)Drinking my parents booze
19)Eating my parents food
20)Someone cooking for me
21)Seeing my family adore my husband
22)My husband finally meeting some infamous names-without-faces
23)Sleeping late and not having to work
24)The walking/fitness trail within walking distance to my parents house
25)Climate controlled houses
26)Sleeping in the new bed my mom bought for my old room because I kept bitching and moaning (& threatening not to come home) about the old one (too squeeky & not long enough for Daddy Long Legs)
27)Getting fussed over by parents/grandparents
28)Rubbing it in that I refuse to live in the USA so long as ass-wipe is the president (target: certain family members)
29)Seeing my parents faces when we give them one whopper of an anniversary present from both brother and me (prof. photos - what they've always wanted but never have 2 kids in the same time zone)
30)CHEAP FOOD
31)MADISONS HOT WINGS (that deserved capital letters)
32)Finally seeing MIKE again
33)Finally seeing Mike and Heidi TOGETHER
34)Seeing Heidi's mom and dad
35)Meeting approximately 5 children (of friends) that I've never met
36)American TV
36a) Watching a football game of my choice on American TV & not hearing british-accented commentators
37)Malls (which I used to avoid when I lived there)
38)Seeing people who I havent seen for going on 10 or more years but feeling like we just hung out yesterday and it not being weird or awkward at all
39)Stalking Gina hahahaha
40)Going to Washington DC on new years day for ANOTHER cocktail party at Beth's
41)Hanging out with the 2nd most dense contingency of my american friends in one spot: DC
42)Showing Hannes my old stomping ground in Georgetown & where I used to hang out, etc
43)Hanging out with Ellen and Oliver again, but this time NOT in England or Ireland
44)Meeting the INFAMOUS Misha
45)Seeing Beth's pimp pad in Adams Morgan that I've heard so much about - and confirming that yes, Tryst is indeed across the street !?
46)Witnessing Heidi G. in a domestic, co-habitational situation
47)Showing Hannes some seriously american icons i.e. the white house, monuments, etc.
48)Delivering neglected, rescued Irish greyhounds to new, loving, forever-homes in Boston
49)Eating heaps
50)Resurrecting the Amero-Jill from somewhere within the deep deep depths of the Wayward weirdo who's typing this list, and seeing what she's like after so long. . .
0 Responses to “The goose is getting fat....”
Post a Comment