User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


New Week

This week will be a bit better, I believe.

OK last week was crap, but not for any one reason or anything... and definitely nothing I want to wallow in and martyr myself for the internet to see... I'm trying to avoid the inevitable "oh poor me" post, although it's tempting-- it was just one of those weeks. Various things compounding one another involving everything under the sun... arrogant co-workers who you have to argue with, money (and the lack thereof) issues, 2nd-business chores, ex-boyfriends and old guilt complexes thought to be a comfortable breathing distance behind you freaking jumping out of the bushes at you, the unending saga of bathroom D.I.Y., the yoga teacher who says he notices you're not practicing at home anymore, foster puppies with long hairy feet who drag mud through your house non-stop, winter mice, and sick/cranky husbands who try their best but just can't be in a good mood because they have a head full of mucus....

....But this weekend was pretty ok, and this week will be better. I refuse to be bamboozled and put off. I'm going to keep going and get the hell on with normality.

Friday was a nice relaxing night in front of the tele with a bunch of junk food and a nice bottle of wine. Saturday we went to the rugby game to see the local lads in red (Munster) get trounced by those fightin' thugs from The North (Ulster), but it was a thrilling match indeed. It was a night game, and since I got the tickets for Hannes's birthday (that one which was in September) they were actually primo seats... like, the ones you can actually SIT in, not just standing room + under cover. It was great. We bundled up in about 30 layers, scarves, double socks, etc., and brought our trusty thermos of Hot Chognac (coco + Hennessey) which kept us nice and roasty toasty warm. It was too bad Munster got pummelled, but it was a great night at the ballgame.

Sunday we slept til 2 (totally non-intentional: stayed up til 2:30 watching movies), played squash, and went to see Dessie Bishop, my favorite comedian in Ireland and he was fab as usual. Came home just in time to see the Chiefs slide past those damned Broncos on Sky Sports Exxtra... imagine our luck!!! Hee Haw!!!

I'm really looking forward to finding out which greyhounds we'll be taking back to the states with us, from Limerick Animal Welfare.... At this stage I don't even know how many we're escorting, or if they're greys or lurchers or what, but I'm just so excited. Hannes and I are going to go up and meet them and wish them good luck before we get them at the airport on the 23rd. I'm so happy that some of our rescued greyhounds will be in Boston for Christmas!!! :) :) :)

0 Responses to “New Week”

Post a Comment



© 2006