User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Party season

The christmas party was cool! It's sunday now and I'm nearly over it, actually.

The countdown to 8pm on friday was pretty touch-n-go, as far as my non-existant accessories and shoes, etc. went.

I borrowed a cool silver necklace from Linda, and my dearly beloved managed to restore an old pair of black strappy heels from the depths of my "throw out" pile with a toothbrush and some black polish. I bought an ace pair of silver earrings for about 7 euro at the shop over the road at the last minute + fingernail polish WOO HOO! ! !

One thing sucked about the whole ensemble though: On thursday, I got the shit kicked out of my right shin by Tadgh, during the first 10 minutes of our soccer game. That bastard!!! I went in for a nice little innocent tackle, and lo & behold the bottom of his right shoe made contact with my leg, leaving a big fat bloody wound which had no hope in hell of healing within 24 hours. Bollocks!!!! I screamed at him: "YOU!!! YOU!!! AGHH!!! I have a knee-length dress for tomorrow!!! YOU!!! WILL!!! PAY!!!!" And then proceeded to verbally slander him the next day at the office. I spread the rumour and showed the scar to anyone and everyone. By lunch time had about 50 people in the office going up to him asking him how he could be so cruel to such a nice little girl, the night before the big black tie xmas affair. heh heh heh!

Poor little Tadgh. And he really is such a nice boy. And he was soooooo embarassed and sorry. But he had to pay.

Yeah so bloody leg girl looked pretty sharp except for the gaping wound which was so obvious right below the bias cut of my lovely black dress. Who the hell cared? Party was cool. First there was a mulled wine reception in the lobby of TheMetropole Hotel where we had it. Then a big 3-course turkey dinner with the nicest Bailey's cheesecake for desert that I ever had. Band. Dancing. DJ. MORE dancing. Hubby had a great time, we boogied til the wee hours and everyone availed of the free bar which meant lots of good stories for work on monday. But I behaved.

Fiona &Paul crashed at our house that night so they wouldn't have to taxi it all the way back out to Middleton, and as we walked back to our place and F. was whinging so much about her disasterously painful NEW shoes, I thought to myself "man, I'm quite comfy in these trusty old strappies. . . how lucky am I!?"

Saturday we all slept til 11 and ate breakfast at the Coffee Pot around the corner. Nice weekend all together.

0 Responses to “Party season”

Post a Comment



© 2006