My last words as a "twenty something".
It's 11pm and I'm not getting ready for bed because I don't want to.
I don't want to because I know I'll wake up in the morning and be *THIRTY*.
This may sit well with some people, but not me. I feel like my LIFE was my 20's.
I feel like my 20's were a really swanky party, and now I've been kindly asked to leave.
Tomorrow I'll be part of a completely different clique of people. The old people. The people whose ages don't start with the number 2.
I try to be more zen about becoming old. blah blah blah inner peace with time. blah blah blah What Would Buddah Do.... blah!
Then I'm like: DUDE, WTF. Young people aren't ZEN about AGE. GOD you're even COMBATTING age like an old person!
I'm so sad......
And this is one thing I have no control over. Maybe that's why I've been fearing it for the last 364 days... no control.
I just can't believe I'm going to wake up in the morning and be.... old. Guess I'll just get out the super magnifying mirror and start looking for the soft, fine, peach fuzz hair that starts growing on your face, huh.
gross.
I don't wanna go to bed......
-sigh-
I need a stiff drink.
And some words of wisdom. Bring it.
I can't even END THIS POST BECAUSE I AM SO UPSET ABOUT GOING TO BED DAMMIT!!! FECK!!!
WHO WANTS TO STAY UP WITH JILL ALL NIGHT LONG AND DRINK GIN AND MAKE SURE THAT WE'RE WELL TRASHED WHEN THE GOD-FORSAKEN 8TH OF MARCH ARRIVES?!?!??!?! ANYONE?!?!?!?! FRANKIE?!?!?! Who's a good ferret.........????
It's 11pm and I'm not getting ready for bed because I don't want to.
I don't want to because I know I'll wake up in the morning and be *THIRTY*.
This may sit well with some people, but not me. I feel like my LIFE was my 20's.
I feel like my 20's were a really swanky party, and now I've been kindly asked to leave.
Tomorrow I'll be part of a completely different clique of people. The old people. The people whose ages don't start with the number 2.
I try to be more zen about becoming old. blah blah blah inner peace with time. blah blah blah What Would Buddah Do.... blah!
Then I'm like: DUDE, WTF. Young people aren't ZEN about AGE. GOD you're even COMBATTING age like an old person!
I'm so sad......
And this is one thing I have no control over. Maybe that's why I've been fearing it for the last 364 days... no control.
I just can't believe I'm going to wake up in the morning and be.... old. Guess I'll just get out the super magnifying mirror and start looking for the soft, fine, peach fuzz hair that starts growing on your face, huh.
gross.
I don't wanna go to bed......
-sigh-
I need a stiff drink.
And some words of wisdom. Bring it.
I can't even END THIS POST BECAUSE I AM SO UPSET ABOUT GOING TO BED DAMMIT!!! FECK!!!
WHO WANTS TO STAY UP WITH JILL ALL NIGHT LONG AND DRINK GIN AND MAKE SURE THAT WE'RE WELL TRASHED WHEN THE GOD-FORSAKEN 8TH OF MARCH ARRIVES?!?!??!?! ANYONE?!?!?!?! FRANKIE?!?!?! Who's a good ferret.........????
I never felt the angst you're feeling about turning 30, about any of my own birthdays. I turned 21, 30, even 35 without any problems.
I had a terrible time with Sarah turning 21. Obviously, she didn't have a problem with it. But it about killed me.
I realized a few months ago that our brother is now 35 and that was harder for me to accept than the fact that I'll be 38 this year.
Good Luck. 30 ain't so bad. Try seeing 40 in the not so distant future.