Saturday night Hannes said he "really felt like going to a movie (at The Gate), and having a pre-movie drink at Cleaver's". Well this wouldn't be unusual for us, as Cleaver's is our favorite bar, and we go to a lot of movies. Granted not often at The Gate, as there's a closer cinema about 4 minutes walk from our doorstep. But The Gate is nicer, so I figured it was just an effort to combine a nice movie theatre with our favorite drinking haunt. No biggie. I certainly didn't argue. And I dressed casually.
So we walked into town and went into Cleaver's, where lo and behold, sat PaulW, Vincey, and Kalvin. I made a big stink about "HEY! What are you fools doing in *MY* bar??!?!?" I thought this was funny, since I had introduced them to the place and they all liked it. But I told them they could only come there as long as they invited me. That was several weeks ago. So I thought it would be a funny joke to make. After all, they were invading my turf.
After our first round of Erdinger, I said "well anyway it's weird to bump into you guys here and all, but WE'RE going to a movie, so we'll have to go soon.." I was wondering why they were so unfazed when I said that. No tears or pleas to stay or anything! Imagine! heh heh. Well anyway no sooner did the words come out but then Maarten, my very dear friend who lives an hour away now, walks in. OK now THIS is uncanny. And after the hugs and kisses and greetings, I get a text message from Tall Paul R. that says he's really sorry he can't make it tonight but happy birthday.... OK YOU WOULD THINK THAT ALL IT WOULD TAKE WAS FOR MAARTEN TO WALK IN, BUT I STILL DONT GET IT... it takes like, stifled laughter from the guys when I query the text message, to finally figure it all out. It was a suprise birthday gathering, and I'd been sitting in the pub for over a half hour before I made the friggin connection!
Long story short, Hannes had the idea, then an email was sent around, people were invited, their entrances were staggered, and in the end, a semi-pleasant birthday gathering was had. :-)
We ended the night at this dodgey nightclub called Redz which was a HOLE but you couldn't stop this 30 year old from dancin' up a storm. Boy howdy did we boogie. There was drunken debauchery, but none of the guys picked up any hotties, too bad for them. There was more boogie-ing, there was that THING where at closing time, KALVIN (the most passive guy in the world) got thrown the F*** OUT OF THE CLUB for reasons unbeknownst to any of us, and there was the big pizza eating in the street outside the club at 2am. Nice.
H. was so thoughtful that he even brought along the camera because he knows I love to take going-out photos when I get a few drinks in me. Here's some from that night.
(me & vincey)

K&P
M&H

The end...
So we walked into town and went into Cleaver's, where lo and behold, sat PaulW, Vincey, and Kalvin. I made a big stink about "HEY! What are you fools doing in *MY* bar??!?!?" I thought this was funny, since I had introduced them to the place and they all liked it. But I told them they could only come there as long as they invited me. That was several weeks ago. So I thought it would be a funny joke to make. After all, they were invading my turf.
After our first round of Erdinger, I said "well anyway it's weird to bump into you guys here and all, but WE'RE going to a movie, so we'll have to go soon.." I was wondering why they were so unfazed when I said that. No tears or pleas to stay or anything! Imagine! heh heh. Well anyway no sooner did the words come out but then Maarten, my very dear friend who lives an hour away now, walks in. OK now THIS is uncanny. And after the hugs and kisses and greetings, I get a text message from Tall Paul R. that says he's really sorry he can't make it tonight but happy birthday.... OK YOU WOULD THINK THAT ALL IT WOULD TAKE WAS FOR MAARTEN TO WALK IN, BUT I STILL DONT GET IT... it takes like, stifled laughter from the guys when I query the text message, to finally figure it all out. It was a suprise birthday gathering, and I'd been sitting in the pub for over a half hour before I made the friggin connection!
Long story short, Hannes had the idea, then an email was sent around, people were invited, their entrances were staggered, and in the end, a semi-pleasant birthday gathering was had. :-)
We ended the night at this dodgey nightclub called Redz which was a HOLE but you couldn't stop this 30 year old from dancin' up a storm. Boy howdy did we boogie. There was drunken debauchery, but none of the guys picked up any hotties, too bad for them. There was more boogie-ing, there was that THING where at closing time, KALVIN (the most passive guy in the world) got thrown the F*** OUT OF THE CLUB for reasons unbeknownst to any of us, and there was the big pizza eating in the street outside the club at 2am. Nice.
H. was so thoughtful that he even brought along the camera because he knows I love to take going-out photos when I get a few drinks in me. Here's some from that night.
(me & vincey)
K&P
M&H
The end...
0 Responses to “Sneaky party...”
Post a Comment