Bank Holiday My ASS
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 28 April 2006 at 4/28/2006 06:38:00 pm.
Monday is the May bank holiday so that's a day off. A glorious 3 day weekend in perfect summer temperatures under clear Irish skies.
Except for me.
Given the crap I have to do for work and the deadlines I have to do them by, I will spend this weekend working. ARSE! Not to mention the fact that the 2 site visits I have to do are up the BACK OF FECKING BEYOND...
Plus, Hannes has a meeting on Tuesday in Sligo....
So what we, Team W. have voted to do (and of course by "we" I mean "I") is drag the mancakes and the puppies along on jill's labour-related outing.
I even made a map.

Given that Cork is AS FAR AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE from these 4 pumping stations I have to go look at in friggin THE TOP OF BLOODY County DONEGAL (see "Monday"), and the quarry I have to look at is supposedly in the middle of skank-ass NOWHERE Co. Sligo, (Sligo/Leitrim/Roscommon border) and I will probably DIE trying to find it, I thought this weekend warranted staying in some nice places roughly within the same time zone as each place.
After waking up early on a Saturday which is just stupid, driving up to BFE and Quarryland, hopefully there will be enough time to enjoy a bit of the Leitrim countryside which I've never seen before. Cottage 1.
Then we can kick around on Sunday and drive up to Stupid Donegal, as far as humanly possible as one can get from Cork (unfortunately I was already here before, and it is beautiful, but Hannes will think it's stunning. Plus the beach is nice) and explore a bit, before I have to work my ass off on the public holiday whilst watching everyone else romp on the beach. Staying SUnday and Monday nights at Place 2.
Again, it's unfortunate that H. has those meetings in Sligo on Tuesday, because Sligo town sucks and I'll have to hang out with the puppies for several hours with nothing to do while we wait for him, but then again, he purposely scheduled them so that we could take the weekend together so WTF, he's the man. Actually that's not that bad. But we have to haul ass to get back to Cork tuesday night by 8:00 pm so I can go to yoga, so we'll see how that works.
Except for me.
Given the crap I have to do for work and the deadlines I have to do them by, I will spend this weekend working. ARSE! Not to mention the fact that the 2 site visits I have to do are up the BACK OF FECKING BEYOND...
Plus, Hannes has a meeting on Tuesday in Sligo....
So what we, Team W. have voted to do (and of course by "we" I mean "I") is drag the mancakes and the puppies along on jill's labour-related outing.
I even made a map.

Given that Cork is AS FAR AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE from these 4 pumping stations I have to go look at in friggin THE TOP OF BLOODY County DONEGAL (see "Monday"), and the quarry I have to look at is supposedly in the middle of skank-ass NOWHERE Co. Sligo, (Sligo/Leitrim/Roscommon border) and I will probably DIE trying to find it, I thought this weekend warranted staying in some nice places roughly within the same time zone as each place.
After waking up early on a Saturday which is just stupid, driving up to BFE and Quarryland, hopefully there will be enough time to enjoy a bit of the Leitrim countryside which I've never seen before. Cottage 1.
Then we can kick around on Sunday and drive up to Stupid Donegal, as far as humanly possible as one can get from Cork (unfortunately I was already here before, and it is beautiful, but Hannes will think it's stunning. Plus the beach is nice) and explore a bit, before I have to work my ass off on the public holiday whilst watching everyone else romp on the beach. Staying SUnday and Monday nights at Place 2.
Again, it's unfortunate that H. has those meetings in Sligo on Tuesday, because Sligo town sucks and I'll have to hang out with the puppies for several hours with nothing to do while we wait for him, but then again, he purposely scheduled them so that we could take the weekend together so WTF, he's the man. Actually that's not that bad. But we have to haul ass to get back to Cork tuesday night by 8:00 pm so I can go to yoga, so we'll see how that works.
0 Responses to “Bank Holiday My ASS”
Post a Comment