It's settling in now: Empty House Syndrome.
That's what H. and I call that dead feeling in your stomach that one gets when one has just said a big goodbye and turns back into their quiet, lonely house as everyone drives away. It doesn't matter if it was a really sad goodbye, or an emotional goodbye, or a happy goodbye, or a "boy I'll be glad to get rid of you" goodbye... you still get EHS and it's quite a drag.
H. just led the caravan back toward the airport, since his office is on the way. And it's just me and the pups. Kinda sad. It always makes me sad when I see people who are really sad to leave. I was proud of my mother for not crying though, I never know what to do about that. I think having A.P and U.M along for the trip really put the good behaviour influence on her for the week.
Anyway now I'm just going to watch the morning news, have a sneaky cup of coffee, and try to see the bright side rather than the EHS side of having my house back.
Although I would just LOVE to listen to "Don't Know What to do With Myself" (The White Stripes version, please). Except my dearly beloved has the cd in his car and I'm left with nuttin. Note to get that onto GOD asap. One of the best wallowing songs ever created.
That's what H. and I call that dead feeling in your stomach that one gets when one has just said a big goodbye and turns back into their quiet, lonely house as everyone drives away. It doesn't matter if it was a really sad goodbye, or an emotional goodbye, or a happy goodbye, or a "boy I'll be glad to get rid of you" goodbye... you still get EHS and it's quite a drag.
H. just led the caravan back toward the airport, since his office is on the way. And it's just me and the pups. Kinda sad. It always makes me sad when I see people who are really sad to leave. I was proud of my mother for not crying though, I never know what to do about that. I think having A.P and U.M along for the trip really put the good behaviour influence on her for the week.
Anyway now I'm just going to watch the morning news, have a sneaky cup of coffee, and try to see the bright side rather than the EHS side of having my house back.
Although I would just LOVE to listen to "Don't Know What to do With Myself" (The White Stripes version, please). Except my dearly beloved has the cd in his car and I'm left with nuttin. Note to get that onto GOD asap. One of the best wallowing songs ever created.
0 Responses to “EHS”
Post a Comment