
I got home early today because I had to go to Tramore (Co. Waterford) for work, to survey the magnificent landfill there. ~yawn~
The up-side being that it was an absolutely gorgeous day, sunny skies, and warm-ish. And the landfill is literally a stone's throw from the beach. (photo)
It was one of those easy site visits that I didn't mind at all: Tom, the site supervisor was a gem. And I just so happened to pick a half-decent place to eat in Tramore, even though I hadn't a clue, since I'd never been there before. And to boot, I drove the (long way) coastal road out there, and the scenery was stunning... had never gone that way before, so it was a new find, for me.
The past weekend was pretty cool.
We didn't do much on Friday night, but Saturday I claimed one of my birthday presents (finally!) which was the tickets to the Heineken Rugby Cup semi-final between Munster and Perpignan, in Dublin. The game was sold out within 10 minutes of tickets going on sale, and my gorgeous hubster happened to get 2, for my birthday. Of course I decided by the grace of my heart, to take him as my guest. We headed up to Dubs saturday morning, and arrived in our B&B just in time to get the DART to the field as the gates were JUST opening. So we had our pick of the standing-room-only seats that our tickets were for. The weather was pure shite, it was all rain-sun-rain-sun-monsoon-sun-rain-sun throughout the whole game, but we had our wet weather gear and we were packed in like sardines to the point that the extra bodies around were well and truly blocking most of the gales and waves of rain. The atmosphere was magic, but the game was pretty average. Still, Munster won which was class, and so the crowd was psyched. Found a nice Indian Restaurant and took it easy with the INSANE Dublin post-match nightlife, since I had to play 2 games the following day.
Sunday drove back to Cork early enough to get home and change for my games, Hannes came to support, and brought Reilly along too. We won the first game by a landslide, and yours truly scored twice (woo hoo). 2nd game I scored once and the game ended in a tie, but that was pretty acceptable because the other team was way above our heads. What sucked is that in the last SECOND of the game, Alan threw a pass to me but it was JUST out of my reach... I barely managed to control the ball and was literally 2 steps from the line when the whistle blew. If that had've been complete, we would have won in dramatic style and we then would've been in 1st place on top of our league. But oh well, tough ka-ka for us.
We are the happiest humans in the world right now: not only is our dog back, but our new mattress was delivered and it is THE BEST MATTRESS IN THE WORLD.
I am not just shitting myself because this is my own blog. This mattress is SO FRIGGIN AMAZING that I can't even get out of bed in the morning. It's the memory foam, I'm sure. It just cuddles up to you and yet feels firm. It is amazing. Pure miracle sleep. Even H loves it, and if there's one thing we can't agree on, is the debate between soft vs. hard mattresses. Now if we can only get this bedframe delivered... I'll be EXTATIC. At the moment, the new amazing mattress lives on top of the old futon frame. Dodgey.
Here's how Reilly managed to escape:
For the record, the wall she's standing on, is approximately 5 metres in height. That is higher than a 2nd-floor level. The window on the flats that can be seen in the background would be a 2nd storey window. Heck, this photo was taken from OUR second storey window. She is indeed an acrobatic puppy. She likes to sit up there and monitor the neighbourhood. Nuts!
0 Responses to “Home Early...”
Post a Comment