User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Things I Thought About Today...

...That Didn't Involve Geographic Information Systems, Landscape Design, or Environmental Impact Assessment:

  1. Sackies: Last tuesday night during the end of yoga I had a second where I nearly came to tears because it was the first time the thought actually crossed my mind that in a few months I'll be telling my BELOVED yoga instructor that it'll be the last whopper of a check I'll be writing him... This guy is such a star in my life, and I'll never find such a great teacher again, I know it. I'm going to miss him more than anybody else here, I reckon. And it hurt when I thought about it for the first time. Nearly hurt just as much today even though I wasn't lying in savasana.
  2. Bob Dylan: Music of, and fact that we still haven't bought tickets to his June Cork gig!!! WTF!!!???
  3. Impending Arrival of Parents + Aunt/Uncle: and of course the associated topics a la WILL I make a 3-course fondue meal one night for them? WILL the weather cooperate for picnicking on the cliffs? WILL my mother insist on a tour of the Waterford Crystal factory? WHEN the bloody hell will I have time to pre-make a lasagne this week before they get here????
  4. Where is my American Beauty CD?
  5. Yesterday's BONE CRUNCHING DEFEAT of the Rocka Fallers: That would be an astounding 33-1 victory for the Scrumbags, as I predicted, and yet I had so much SHITE to do back at the ranch, I couldn't even stay around for a victory pint, which I was still sore about.
  6. What ever happened to Brandon?

But mostly it was a case of: Jesus Christus, is it 5:30 yet????? I don't remember spring ever hitting me like this before, but for some reason this change of season is really fecking up my work ethic.

When we went out to the pub with Scott and Linda on Friday night, L said something about making dinner for us AND my parents AND my aunt and uncle next thursday, so she can meet them all. All I know is that we weren't THAT wasted, so I assume she wasn't shitting me, but man that gal has got some gumption. Mental note to self to confirm that she wasnt smoking crack. hmmmmmm.....

1 Responses to “Things I Thought About Today...”

  1. # Blogger mamakohl

    You found American Beauty! Thanks, Jill!

    As far as the invasion of the 'Rents, you're on your own, Ma'am. Hey, you make a killer Cosmo and a bangin' Harvey Wallbanger. Set yourself up.  

Post a Comment



© 2006