User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Torture is...

I generally have a 25 minute drive home every day, from work. It's a nice drive, mostly winding roads across a high ridge line overlooking rolling hills of patchwork fields and green landscapes. It is not the most direct line between points A and B, but I take it because there's never any traffic and I can really put my foot down.

Right, well anyway, torture is:
When there's a wreck on my route home, and traffic is backed up for miles and diverted around the main roads...
and I'm sitting in gridlock, in my car, at a stand still....
in the warm summer sun....
for an HOUR....
with my ipod + tunecast setup so that I can play my tunes through the car radio, and my ipod (in my annual honor of summer habit) is a bit heavy on the dance music and hip-hop.....
and it's blasting....
and I want SO BADLY to do my Car-Dances
((I dance in the car))....
...and
TONY A. THE ASSOCIATE ENGINEER FROM DOWNSTAIRS IN MY OFFICE IS IN THE CAR less than 6 inches BEHIND ME!!!
for an HOURRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torture!
No car dancing for Jill!
No
a) hand dancing
b) shoulder dancing
c) head banging
d) lip syncing
e) hip hopping
f) finger pointing
g) shimmy-shimmy
h) any sort of above-the-waist groovin in seated position
AT ALL!

TORTURE!!!

TORRRRRR-TURRRRRRE!!!!!

sure I can walk into the office and look at him normally every day for the rest of my employment there, without feeling like a freakshow, but come ON it was, like.... the most beautiful day of the year, the windows were down, GOD was pumped, traffic was STOPPED.... I was alone....
FECKERS!!!

0 Responses to “Torture is...”

Post a Comment



© 2006