User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Coming Down Again....

"Coming down again, coming down again
Where are all my friends?...Coming down again
Coming down again, coming down again
On the ground again, coming down again..."

I think it's possible that there could be a Stones lyric appropriate for every day/hour of my life!

Right so arrived back in cork yesterday and boy howdy if I hadn't slept since 2 days before.

It appeared from the bottom of our glasses of homemade Romanian moonshine liquor, that pulling an all-nighter and staying up til our 7am flight the last day, would be a brilliant idea.

So yesterday we travelled home in QUITE A STATE for about 11 hours, then I took an hour nap, did some laundry, and went to play in our weekly night rugby match. Needless to say I felt like a dog's breakfast. (But we won).

Now I'm rested again, but I just really miss my friends, our short break of unreal fun in a dream-world, and this is the re-settling part that sucks.

I know I could never re-cap in words that are good enough about how the last 6 days were, so maybe I'll need to write multiple entries about it after it all sinks in. But the trip was pure magic. And I don't mean just because it was a 5 day bender during which we just happened to attend the wedding of one of my best friends, to one of the greatest girls in the world. Rather, it was magic on an emotional level, a friendship level, an EATING level and an all-around-unique experience level.
I'll try to split things into parts to be able to process everything clearly. So... well... above all, I found out Dan's (now) wife is an amazing girl. There's not too many girls out there who could marry Dan. He's one of a kind, in a crazy sort of way, and she is there to pay his ticket when he speeds. She's the kind of girl who stays up until 5 in the morning like 4 nights in a row, to let him have a reunion with friends from the old days. Without a complaint! Without a guilt trip! Who battles through a foreign language for 5 days like a pro, even when the going gets tough. She'll make you feel like the most honored guest at a royal table, and accommodate you even at the expense of her own health, wellbeing, and beauty sleep! A beautiful, affectionate, tiny girl who has the patience and tolerance and acceptance of an angel. But most of all, someone who will love, adore and cuddle my good buddy forEVER!

0 Responses to “Coming Down Again....”

Post a Comment



© 2006