Rock n Roll on September!
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 07 September 2006 at 9/07/2006 06:56:00 pm.
September means many things this year.
First of all, it means only 4 months til Botswana.
Secondly, it means seeing my favorite branch of the family tree: Those nutty bumpkins from Humansville-- Aunt B, Uncle J, Cousin J, Cousin J's best girl J.... That would be the weekend after this one (15th), destination: Manchester (UK). The Aunt/Uncle component is coming to visit the Cousin/girl component, who's living there right now, so it's just perfect for our last rendezvous before we hit the dark continent. It's just a whirlwind short weekend for me & the Mr., but with the best company. And we've never been to Manchester before. Well ok, the airport doesn't count.
Third: The next weekend (22nd). OK this would be the "Roll on" part of september.... as in... "ROLL ON [outta here] QUICKLY, PLEASE?" ... the inlaws are visiting. Ma and Pa In La. Visiting. With the littlest sista. Ouch. Can you say "not a word of english all weekend get me well drunk please?"
Big number 4: It's my baby's birthday on the 24th. Hence the inlaw's visit. It's at this time of year (finally) that I'm technically only 1 year older than him. This, I like. Makes me feel less old. Must find perfect present quickly. It'll be our first bday celebration under the watchful eye of parental units. Ugh. But I love H's birthdays, he's so good at them. Loves to let me spoil him, loves the attention, loves the champagne. Always a great time. Wah HOO!
Fifthly and filthy: The NEXT WEEKEND after that (29th). Our tickets for Greece just arrived in the post TODAY!! YEEEEEEEEHAW! This year we're going to the island of Kefalonia, which I picked based solely on it's seemingly identical qualities to the island we were on last time: Rodos. I loved the town we were in (Haraki), soooooo much, that I would even have gone back again. Which is not like me. I mean: there's a damn gazillion islands, and I normally like to see as much *new* as possible. Hell I already think it's weird we're going back to the same country twice in 3 years. But it was so perfect. I was worried about spoiling our greek memories by going somewhere less perfect this year. But the Mr. put his foot down. Somewhere different. I spent like 2 moths researching every island just so I could find the perfect combination of:
a) as little large-scale resorts as possible
b) beachfront tavernas specialising in seafood
c) nice beach
d) quiet
e) nature
f) nearby access to other potentially livlier towns/resorts
g) accommodation with double bed (NOWHERE in Greece seems to have these! Believe it!)
h) potential for island hopping
Well I found it, and the small fishing village of Katelios it is!
badgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadger....
First of all, it means only 4 months til Botswana.
Secondly, it means seeing my favorite branch of the family tree: Those nutty bumpkins from Humansville-- Aunt B, Uncle J, Cousin J, Cousin J's best girl J.... That would be the weekend after this one (15th), destination: Manchester (UK). The Aunt/Uncle component is coming to visit the Cousin/girl component, who's living there right now, so it's just perfect for our last rendezvous before we hit the dark continent. It's just a whirlwind short weekend for me & the Mr., but with the best company. And we've never been to Manchester before. Well ok, the airport doesn't count.
Third: The next weekend (22nd). OK this would be the "Roll on" part of september.... as in... "ROLL ON [outta here] QUICKLY, PLEASE?" ... the inlaws are visiting. Ma and Pa In La. Visiting. With the littlest sista. Ouch. Can you say "not a word of english all weekend get me well drunk please?"
Big number 4: It's my baby's birthday on the 24th. Hence the inlaw's visit. It's at this time of year (finally) that I'm technically only 1 year older than him. This, I like. Makes me feel less old. Must find perfect present quickly. It'll be our first bday celebration under the watchful eye of parental units. Ugh. But I love H's birthdays, he's so good at them. Loves to let me spoil him, loves the attention, loves the champagne. Always a great time. Wah HOO!
Fifthly and filthy: The NEXT WEEKEND after that (29th). Our tickets for Greece just arrived in the post TODAY!! YEEEEEEEEHAW! This year we're going to the island of Kefalonia, which I picked based solely on it's seemingly identical qualities to the island we were on last time: Rodos. I loved the town we were in (Haraki), soooooo much, that I would even have gone back again. Which is not like me. I mean: there's a damn gazillion islands, and I normally like to see as much *new* as possible. Hell I already think it's weird we're going back to the same country twice in 3 years. But it was so perfect. I was worried about spoiling our greek memories by going somewhere less perfect this year. But the Mr. put his foot down. Somewhere different. I spent like 2 moths researching every island just so I could find the perfect combination of:
a) as little large-scale resorts as possible
b) beachfront tavernas specialising in seafood
c) nice beach
d) quiet
e) nature
f) nearby access to other potentially livlier towns/resorts
g) accommodation with double bed (NOWHERE in Greece seems to have these! Believe it!)
h) potential for island hopping
Well I found it, and the small fishing village of Katelios it is!
Octopus, tzaziki, olives, calamari, grilled lamb and saganaki here we come!!!
I absolutely can't wait. I'm most excited about hiking to the Turtle beach, somewhat near the village. Tickets are right here next to me: 7 nights of sheer bliss under the bright Greek sun. Postponing the end of summer, as we attempt to every year. Hanging out for holidays allllll the way til the end of september definitely hurts, when you see everyone else going away in June, July and August.... but it's worth it when you come back in the month of OCTOBER, and it's a slippery quick downhill slope to xmas from there. Viva!badgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadger....
0 Responses to “Rock n Roll on September!”
Post a Comment