Ah the sound of silence
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 27 October 2006 at 10/27/2006 07:24:00 pm.So many-- I mean sooooooooo mannnnnnny things have happened in a week. There was a party. There was MS's last F1 race ever. There was the Cardinals getting 3-1 up in the world series. There was the visit from Tisharoonie and her Mr. There was trips all over the joint with the visitors. There was that thing about how we sold our house again. There was the overly-long-overdue long-winded blabbermouth phone call with Heidi after aaaaaaages. MAN. There's like 100 photos just from this week to pour over!
I guess we go in chrono-order?
I see that a week ago, I posted about the upcoming halloween party.


Figure 2: Giant mouse with cheese.
That's a piece of cheese he's holding there, which I made for him. It doubles as a can/bottle holder for his beer. I fashioned it out of cardboard, yellow paper, and a can cooler. Drinking properties of said cheese illustrated in Figure 3, below:

Figure 3: Mouse, beer, cheese, pirate!
You put your hand in the back of the cheese, hand grabs onto can cooler, beer is inserted into top of can cooler. That's how it worked. Kal played the part of the pirate.
Other noteworthy costumes of the night included:
Vincey = puppy
Kevvy = Mexican masked man/devil
Gemma = Tiger
Steve = lamp
Alan = some scary ghoulie thingie
Auds = purpley girlie devil thingie

After the party, there was aNOTHER party, back at Kevvy's house, where we stayed til about 4am and proceeded to walk home fully dressed in mouse/jockey-wear.

Those that were out at that hour to catch a glimpse of us in all our glory, well, really probably didn't even notice.
Fast forward to Sunday. The arrival of one of my best childhood friends... and her husband... from my hometown. Man, a chance to do some uninterrupted bonding with someone you were best friends with from the ages of 14 to 17, and find out that it still works? Amazing. It was really cool. I even learned how to socialize without drinking. VOLUMES could be written on that one. Man, I really need to get out of Ireland. I can't believe I even brought that up, first thing. Wow. I love TL and it's just an amazing, amazing thing to get some long lost memories back, have a great time, hang out with nice people, and remember that there are really great people out there that you can admire AND be friends with, AND have fun with AND laugh with and... oh I don't know where I'm going with this but when they left this morning it was really sad. And I know they had a great time too-- their first trip overseas ever, and first time leaving the 2 year old daughter, AND the first time Ms. Workaholic has closed up shop at her office for a WHOLE WEEK, in the entire 10-year life span of the biz-nez. And they loved it. And I really appreciate seeing their relationship in the admirable state that it is, after 10 years. It really is cool.

But entertaining, as always, is hard work, and I'm beat.
Good thing that it's a 3-day wknd this wknd.... And the wknd that it is? Oh yeah baby, Oktoberfest at the FranciscanWell, PLUS Cork Jazz Fest wknd, PLUS (hopefully) St-Louis-Cardinals-Win-the-World-Series-for-the-first-time-since-1982 weekend!
more later.
0 Responses to “Ah the sound of silence”
Post a Comment