User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


I am too depressed to blog.

Today the world of Formula 1 racing has been turned on its head.


The unthinkable has happened.

My sporting hero, my nearly-all-round-hero, the man I love in life nearly as much as my own husband, Michael Schumacher, has just suffered the unthinkable:
his engine blew up in the Japanese Grand Prix.

When was the last time Ferrari had an engine failure?

Um, THE YEAR 2000?!?!?!?!


This is so very very wrong on so many levels I just don't know where to start or how to express my pain.

Scene:
2 races in the season left.
Our hero, MS, is in a position to squeak past our evil EVIL nemesis, Fernando "Ass"-lonso, in the drivers' championships. Ferrari is in a position to squeak by Renault ("Ass"-nault) in the constructors' championships. Both constructors' championship AND drivers' championship titles rest on this race.

1/2 way through the race and:

MS/Ferrari in first
Ass/Renault in second.

Pit stops fabulous.
MS has 5 seconds on "The Ass".

Engine blows.
Renault wins.

Jill cries.

It isn't a big deal if YOU DONT CONSIDER THE FACT THAT MICHAEL IS RETIRING.
What this means is: just a single point at the season finale in Brazil (2 wks from now) will make Alonso champion for a second time. In Michael's last season ever.

It wouldn't be a big deal if Michael wasn't the most worth, heroic, admirable, sporting professional and unbelievably gifted driver to ever race in Formula 1.
The REAL deserved winner on so many levels.


I am so distressed and upset I can only think to finish this post on the only thing that has made me smile all day, after this ferocious heartbreak:


A random funny comic strip.

Taking the piss out of that "other" guy I hate:


0 Responses to “I am too depressed to blog.”

Post a Comment



© 2006