.
BALLS!!! my tummy is all butterflyey....
I suppose there are many many reasons, so perhaps naming reasons could be thereputic.
1. Oral hearing tomorrow. I need to wake up hella early in order to get down to Tramore (Co. Waterford) for this THING. My fingers are crossed that the training in Dublin a few weeks ago will come in handy, and that whoever has the good fortune to cross-examine me goes easy on poor little old Yankee Doodle Jillington. I mean I'm confident that I know my stuff, I'm also confident that landscape and visual impact will be the least of the objector's worries, but still, it's scary to know you're going to be up on the stand, defending your shit. It could go on for several days. I'm hoping not. Tomorrow is the Mr. & my anniversary of meeting, and it would be nice to actually be home at a decent hour and do something nice for it.
2. Soccer game in about 2 hours. I haven't played for 2 weeks, and we're losing like crazy. Plus the pressure is on, as my darling is going to come and watch for the first time. I always mess up and make stupid mistakes when I'm being watched. I haven't really exactly been on fire the last few games either, so I'm a wee bit flustered.
3. It's just around the corner now: giving notice at work. Man how time flies when you're avoiding that whole "facing the music"-thing. What has been a serious eternity of anticipation for the last year and a half, is now sneaking up on me faster than the express train to Dublin. What will I say? How am I going to deliver it? Will I say something to áine first, and then hand in a letter later?
Well that's the majority of things I can think of that might be contributing to my feeling of unsettledness. I suppose as long as I can still sleep comfortably over the next month, then that's all that matters. Normally when this sort of crap gets into my head, I start laying awake at night. UGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH
OK sure the football game is going to be over in about 4 hours, so at least that's 1 thing ticked off the list.
On a side note, I gained 2kg over the last week, with the friendies here. Man I really need to get my head screwed on straight and back into the bite-drink-bite-drink-bite regime. That worked miracles... just takes so much discipline that I never seem to have when confronted with having company and holidays!!!!!!
Got to talk to Tara this wknd for her birthday, which was really nice. After our conversation I decided we're going to start a society for childless 20/30-somethings. It's going to involve a lot of going out for dinners and overseas holidays. (Hi SP-H!!! ((sorry, I promised T. I'd do that)) You can join in 18 years after Tom & Jess get packed off to University!!!) ;-)
V's halloween photos are better than mine I think.
Finally- we strolled around Blackpool today taking photos of our neighbourhood, for posterity. The Mr. is especially really worried about losing memories of the old place, all our happy days in da 'pool... so we took photos of all of it. The good, bad, ugly, delapidated, new, random, etc. Very moving, actually.
BALLS!!! my tummy is all butterflyey....
I suppose there are many many reasons, so perhaps naming reasons could be thereputic.
1. Oral hearing tomorrow. I need to wake up hella early in order to get down to Tramore (Co. Waterford) for this THING. My fingers are crossed that the training in Dublin a few weeks ago will come in handy, and that whoever has the good fortune to cross-examine me goes easy on poor little old Yankee Doodle Jillington. I mean I'm confident that I know my stuff, I'm also confident that landscape and visual impact will be the least of the objector's worries, but still, it's scary to know you're going to be up on the stand, defending your shit. It could go on for several days. I'm hoping not. Tomorrow is the Mr. & my anniversary of meeting, and it would be nice to actually be home at a decent hour and do something nice for it.
2. Soccer game in about 2 hours. I haven't played for 2 weeks, and we're losing like crazy. Plus the pressure is on, as my darling is going to come and watch for the first time. I always mess up and make stupid mistakes when I'm being watched. I haven't really exactly been on fire the last few games either, so I'm a wee bit flustered.
3. It's just around the corner now: giving notice at work. Man how time flies when you're avoiding that whole "facing the music"-thing. What has been a serious eternity of anticipation for the last year and a half, is now sneaking up on me faster than the express train to Dublin. What will I say? How am I going to deliver it? Will I say something to áine first, and then hand in a letter later?
Well that's the majority of things I can think of that might be contributing to my feeling of unsettledness. I suppose as long as I can still sleep comfortably over the next month, then that's all that matters. Normally when this sort of crap gets into my head, I start laying awake at night. UGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH
OK sure the football game is going to be over in about 4 hours, so at least that's 1 thing ticked off the list.
On a side note, I gained 2kg over the last week, with the friendies here. Man I really need to get my head screwed on straight and back into the bite-drink-bite-drink-bite regime. That worked miracles... just takes so much discipline that I never seem to have when confronted with having company and holidays!!!!!!
Got to talk to Tara this wknd for her birthday, which was really nice. After our conversation I decided we're going to start a society for childless 20/30-somethings. It's going to involve a lot of going out for dinners and overseas holidays. (Hi SP-H!!! ((sorry, I promised T. I'd do that)) You can join in 18 years after Tom & Jess get packed off to University!!!) ;-)
V's halloween photos are better than mine I think.
Finally- we strolled around Blackpool today taking photos of our neighbourhood, for posterity. The Mr. is especially really worried about losing memories of the old place, all our happy days in da 'pool... so we took photos of all of it. The good, bad, ugly, delapidated, new, random, etc. Very moving, actually.
0 Responses to “Nerves”
Post a Comment