User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


The Gift of Frustration



It seems like leaving is the only thing on my mind these days and that it's all excitement and dynamic times but in all actuality, it's not really. Actually the normal same ol' same ol' is also raging away in my life and today I saw the benefit in it. The frustrations and grievances and annoyances are all still there and giving me the shits as usual. For example, recently I start to get annoyed with my friends here. Quite often in fact. Most of them are boys, and boys are typically annoying little punks that make me insane with annoyance just looking at their annoying faces, sometimes. There's one who I want to murder right now for giving me so much GRIEF in the name of "boy humour", and one who just makes me roll my eyes every time I think about him because he just thinks he knows EVERYTHING. And there's this ditzy client I have to deal with at work the last few days, who is absolutely making my life miserable on a regular every-10-minute-basis. Every time I see her name come up in my inbox I start shouting and cursing. UGH! Annoying! Some of the projects I'm working on right now are boring me to tears. My boss is lazy and hasn't a clue about what's going on in the department. I work with people who drive me crazy sometimes. And let's not forget wintertime in Ireland... the weather has been absolutely insane for the last month. The poor puppies have to hide in their puppy houses all day, not to mention I have to reschedule field work and no one can go outside for a walk or a bike ride, etc. Today it was gale-force winds and lashing rain all.day.long. The madness is that it's been like this for weeks.

What I've decided in dealing with it all, is that it's actually my good karma dealing me all this. If I weren't leaving soon, I would have to resign myself to putting up and shutting up, basically. Accepting whatever this is. I feel like in a way, that all of this nonsense has been dealt to me in a higher dose than usual, at this particular time, as a reminder that there are indeed plenty of reasons to get the hell out!

Sometimes earlier in the year I'd get all caught up in how many things I'd miss about this place, particularly people and places. But now it seems like I'm being given the gift of frustration and annoyance in droves, for my own good. I'm actually rather appreciative. As weird as it sounds, today I was totally annoyed about the fact that it WASN'T December yet, because I'm feeling so ready to get out. And I found myself being extremely happy about it, so happy in fact, I had to write it down. It's working.

Thanks, whatever/whoever/where ever you are!

1 Responses to “The Gift of Frustration”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I just clicked on the "Click if you dare." Vive le France! I bought a new car two days ago. It's a Mazda 3. I think I will drive it visit you in S.A.
    " " " "
    + +
    H
    _________
    __________

    Peter  

Post a Comment



© 2006