I believe it was Willie Nelson who once sang (so sweetly):
"Mammas, don't let your babies grow up to be stubborn &!£<#es...."
NEWSFLASH!!! Caught in a heinous act of "too immature to apologize", a well-known (to this blogger) 56-year old woman of the maternal persuasion was caught out cold in a not-rare act of being a total passive/agressive cow. An all-too-predictable 3-sentence email was sent, the content of which was simply: "Enjoyed reading your recent updates on the blog today but so disappointed you've chosen to get cats. I guess we won't be visiting, you know that I'm allergic and thus can not handle being in your house. "
(note: "blog" obviously referring to the "other" one ~whew~)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!
OK now let's just launch into the "busted" element of this blog. The facts are simple:
1. The kitties are FOSTER pets only.
2. They live in the shed (unless its playtime or cuddle time, obviously)
3. The "update" in said blog was clearly THIS ONE, where anyone with a 3rd grade education can clearly read the 7th paragraph where it states "foster home while they're too young for neutering and immunizations prior to going up for adoption".
I won't even get started on how wrong this is on so many, many levels for more reasons than just being COMPLETELY STUPID AND INSANE... levels, for instance, such as using allergies as a mechanism to "prove your love for me by getting rid of your pets", or classic passive/agressive email techniques such as using that oh-so cliché formula of "enjoying your.... BUT... so disappointed that..." EW!! GROSS! DIRTY!
I'll just stop there, since I just wrote that "I wont even get started..." oops.
Right, so let's just say that an equally short email was returned in response, pointing out that one should read to the end of the sentence before one sends off childish p/a emails demanding justification of another one's choice in life TO VOLUNTEER FOR THE FRIGGIN CHARITY OF THEIR CHOICE*...
*NB: neither the word "friggin" nor any other "f" words were used in said email.
Now where, I ask myself is the apology?
It's been 2 days, and apparently this issue has been sweepity-sweep-sweep'd under the rug all together. Not a word.
This is so serious to me for so many reasons. Including, yet not limited to the following:
1) I was raised a child of the "apology on demand" school of parenting. Which is a fine principal, in theory, I guess... so long as you can lead by example. I'm not saying it doesnt work and I DO think it's important, wait, MANDATORY, that kids know how to apologize. But whether I was genuinely sorry or not, I was forced to say the words "I'm sorry" when I did something bad, and I was taught that if I didn't, I would suffer reprocussions such as getting grounded, sent to the room, or spanked or whatever. So my question is:
HOW THE HELL DOES IT FEEL TO BE SUCH A HYPOCRITE?!?!
2) I learned, from falling in love with the Mr., and ONLY from falling in love with the Mr., how to really give an apology and mean it. Seriously. I was over 24 years of age before it happened. It took me THAT LONG, because the concept of all those demanded-apologies had been so scarred into my memory as an element of hate and resentment, that I never cared or bothered to explore it as a "good" relationship tool or even a thing that could be "good" in any way, shape, or form.
Why, then, if I could teach myself as a 24-year old, how to say "I'm sorry, I fecked up and I know it" can someone DOUBLE that age, with a supposed college degree in Early Childhood Edu-ma-cation not have figured it out after raising 2 kids?!!??!!?!?!
3) Stubbornness. In 31 years, I have never EVER heard the word "sorry" come out of this main character's mouth. How's that for classic stubbornness? Well, ok, put it this way: if it aint stubbornness, then the only other option is that it's a case of a perfect, infallable, faultless, veritable Virgin-bloody-Mary who managed to survive over 18 years of raising kids, without making any mistakes.
Um, maybe it's because I'm mildly retarded, but I just don't think that's possible. Am I wrong to just chalk that all up to being bull-headed? I don't want to be stubborn. I want to be flexible, dynamic, and easy to get along with. I see this example of stubbornness and it makes me freak out that yes, someday that could be ME.
Closing note to self:
I BLOG THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO REMEMBER. AND TO HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE IN THE FUTURE!
"Mammas, don't let your babies grow up to be stubborn &!£<#es...."
NEWSFLASH!!! Caught in a heinous act of "too immature to apologize", a well-known (to this blogger) 56-year old woman of the maternal persuasion was caught out cold in a not-rare act of being a total passive/agressive cow. An all-too-predictable 3-sentence email was sent, the content of which was simply: "Enjoyed reading your recent updates on the blog today but so disappointed you've chosen to get cats. I guess we won't be visiting, you know that I'm allergic and thus can not handle being in your house. "
(note: "blog" obviously referring to the "other" one ~whew~)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!
OK now let's just launch into the "busted" element of this blog. The facts are simple:
1. The kitties are FOSTER pets only.
2. They live in the shed (unless its playtime or cuddle time, obviously)
3. The "update" in said blog was clearly THIS ONE, where anyone with a 3rd grade education can clearly read the 7th paragraph where it states "foster home while they're too young for neutering and immunizations prior to going up for adoption".
I won't even get started on how wrong this is on so many, many levels for more reasons than just being COMPLETELY STUPID AND INSANE... levels, for instance, such as using allergies as a mechanism to "prove your love for me by getting rid of your pets", or classic passive/agressive email techniques such as using that oh-so cliché formula of "enjoying your.... BUT... so disappointed that..." EW!! GROSS! DIRTY!
I'll just stop there, since I just wrote that "I wont even get started..." oops.
Right, so let's just say that an equally short email was returned in response, pointing out that one should read to the end of the sentence before one sends off childish p/a emails demanding justification of another one's choice in life TO VOLUNTEER FOR THE FRIGGIN CHARITY OF THEIR CHOICE*...
*NB: neither the word "friggin" nor any other "f" words were used in said email.
Now where, I ask myself is the apology?
It's been 2 days, and apparently this issue has been sweepity-sweep-sweep'd under the rug all together. Not a word.
This is so serious to me for so many reasons. Including, yet not limited to the following:
1) I was raised a child of the "apology on demand" school of parenting. Which is a fine principal, in theory, I guess... so long as you can lead by example. I'm not saying it doesnt work and I DO think it's important, wait, MANDATORY, that kids know how to apologize. But whether I was genuinely sorry or not, I was forced to say the words "I'm sorry" when I did something bad, and I was taught that if I didn't, I would suffer reprocussions such as getting grounded, sent to the room, or spanked or whatever. So my question is:
HOW THE HELL DOES IT FEEL TO BE SUCH A HYPOCRITE?!?!
2) I learned, from falling in love with the Mr., and ONLY from falling in love with the Mr., how to really give an apology and mean it. Seriously. I was over 24 years of age before it happened. It took me THAT LONG, because the concept of all those demanded-apologies had been so scarred into my memory as an element of hate and resentment, that I never cared or bothered to explore it as a "good" relationship tool or even a thing that could be "good" in any way, shape, or form.
Why, then, if I could teach myself as a 24-year old, how to say "I'm sorry, I fecked up and I know it" can someone DOUBLE that age, with a supposed college degree in Early Childhood Edu-ma-cation not have figured it out after raising 2 kids?!!??!!?!?!
3) Stubbornness. In 31 years, I have never EVER heard the word "sorry" come out of this main character's mouth. How's that for classic stubbornness? Well, ok, put it this way: if it aint stubbornness, then the only other option is that it's a case of a perfect, infallable, faultless, veritable Virgin-bloody-Mary who managed to survive over 18 years of raising kids, without making any mistakes.
Um, maybe it's because I'm mildly retarded, but I just don't think that's possible. Am I wrong to just chalk that all up to being bull-headed? I don't want to be stubborn. I want to be flexible, dynamic, and easy to get along with. I see this example of stubbornness and it makes me freak out that yes, someday that could be ME.
Closing note to self:
I BLOG THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO REMEMBER. AND TO HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE IN THE FUTURE!
0 Responses to “BUSTED!”
Post a Comment