Man what a weekend
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 10 April 2007 at 4/10/2007 04:06:00 pm.
DOH!
I dont have much time to write as time is tight but strictly as a reminder to myself to write about later, here is what I wanted to say:
- 4 day weekend, what a concept! And what a great 4-days off it was. I actually feel refreshed for the first time in... well.... since I went to Greece last year.
- Lunch at the Bull on friday
- Scenic drive with the Mr.
- sundowners on friday evening
- sleeping late
- tracking rhinos on sunday
- picnic by the lake (with the hippos & a baby croc)
- kayaking on monday
AGH! All the many many things you can do in 4 days when you dont have to work.
On another note: We're back in the saddle again. This time it's the BSPCA saddle....
It feels great being able to volunteer again. It's been over 5 months since we've donated any of our time to a greater cause and finally we found a good outlet for that stuff here at the BW SPCA. After volunteering our services less than a week ago, already this weekend we got called in to rescue a couple of newborn kittens (this is my 1st time with cats, actually) and foster them until they're old enough to get their vaccinations and neuterizations.
They were thrown over someone's garden wall.
Here they are drinking some milk out of an asian sauce bowl/ finger-bowl:

I named the grey one Skyler and the Mr. named the red one Owen.

I don't usually like kitties but these 2 are such babies and not even old enough yet to scratch out my eyeballs and bite my face off, as per most kitties who meet me. They are actually very good boys and they just like to drink and eat and sleep and meow.
Not to mention I'm always a sucker for a welfare case, regardless of species.
I dont have much time to write as time is tight but strictly as a reminder to myself to write about later, here is what I wanted to say:
- 4 day weekend, what a concept! And what a great 4-days off it was. I actually feel refreshed for the first time in... well.... since I went to Greece last year.
- Lunch at the Bull on friday
- Scenic drive with the Mr.
- sundowners on friday evening
- sleeping late
- tracking rhinos on sunday
- picnic by the lake (with the hippos & a baby croc)
- kayaking on monday
AGH! All the many many things you can do in 4 days when you dont have to work.
On another note: We're back in the saddle again. This time it's the BSPCA saddle....
It feels great being able to volunteer again. It's been over 5 months since we've donated any of our time to a greater cause and finally we found a good outlet for that stuff here at the BW SPCA. After volunteering our services less than a week ago, already this weekend we got called in to rescue a couple of newborn kittens (this is my 1st time with cats, actually) and foster them until they're old enough to get their vaccinations and neuterizations.
They were thrown over someone's garden wall.
Here they are drinking some milk out of an asian sauce bowl/ finger-bowl:
I named the grey one Skyler and the Mr. named the red one Owen.
I don't usually like kitties but these 2 are such babies and not even old enough yet to scratch out my eyeballs and bite my face off, as per most kitties who meet me. They are actually very good boys and they just like to drink and eat and sleep and meow.
Not to mention I'm always a sucker for a welfare case, regardless of species.
0 Responses to “Man what a weekend”
Post a Comment