User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Notes about stuff

I had a decision to make: go camping this weekend with a big gang of our friends, or not.
It was really difficult. The reasons to go were numerous: Public holiday on Monday, so basically a weekend-long bender of drinking and camping and wildlife stalking with "the guys"... fresh air... hour after hour of fun & hilarity.... campfire food... etc, etc, etc
But the reasons not to go were few: Jéan's coming on tuesday and next week we were going to go camping with HIM in the same place... 2 trips back to back are kinda pushing it in the excitement-zone... for some reason we still feel like we just got back from the week from hell and still feel exhausted...

So anyway, logic and tiredness got the better of me and I voted to stay home for the weekend and prepare for Jéan's arrival AND........

the Mr. and I talked about it and we came up with an interesting plan for Saturday:

(big inhale...)

WE'RE GONNA GO TO RUSTENBURG (about an hour & a half over the border) ON SATURDAY AND GO SHOPPING!

AND TO THE CAPE FISH MARKET IN THE RUSTENBURG MALL FOR........
SUSHI!!!

SUSHI!!!

SUSHI!!!!

Not only will this be the first time in nearly 9 months that I get to go CLOTHES SHOPPING, but it will also make my belly so happy I might explode.

FISH MARKET!! FISH MARKET!! SUSHI!! SUSHI!! CLOTHES SHOPPING!! CLOTHES SHOPPING!!

I'm so excited that the whole camping -thing just totally escaped my mind.

And, if that hasn't made me happy in my pants enough...
my baby cousin brett, the "meandering" gypsy that he is, is making a plan to come stay with us for an extended period of time... yippee!

And, sundowners at the yacht club on the dam with Petra after work tonight.

Maybe there's no camping for me this weekend but I'm feeling damn chuffed with life, this fine friday.

1 Responses to “Notes about stuff”

  1. # Blogger mamakohl

    Bloody brilliant plan, Bill!  

Post a Comment



© 2006