
Would it be inappropriate for me to get this for my parents for their next anniversary/fathers day/mothers day/birthday/whatever comes next?
I have a feeling I could pull it off if I bought it for my brother but something tells me the 'rents wouldn't really see the humour in it. Oh well.
I damn well nearly fell off my seat laughing when I saw it, shopping on line for the dad's day thing THAT I HEARD ABOUT A LITTLE LATE THIS YEAR. Agh! Why is my timing so frickin bad so far in 2007??? Again I have to resort to amazon.com or whatever other internet cheese-ball gift sites to get something to Missouri on time rather than sending something real from here. Botswana and its lack of Hallmark holiday propaganda is seriously setting me up to fail, here. Grrrrr......
I ended up getting him a rock for the garden that simply says "Grow, Dammit".
While we're on the subject, last week he got me an email (er, "sent" me an email) saying:
Jill: I have not heard back from you regarding recent E-mails. Therefore I
interpret that to mean you do not intend any attempt at resolving strained
relations with your mother. I do not recall your past contacts with your
father on Father's Day, but if you were intending to call me, please don't.
That would really be mean.
interpret that to mean you do not intend any attempt at resolving strained
relations with your mother. I do not recall your past contacts with your
father on Father's Day, but if you were intending to call me, please don't.
That would really be mean.
Whatever!!!
And in the meantime the mother sends me a totally random as-if-nothing-ever-happened email about their recent weekend away with friends from way back when, who asked about me and asked her to pass their greetings along to me. Totally cheerful and totally bizarre. But I guess this gives me an official time line to apply to these things from now on for "the allotted waiting period between totally outrageous freak-out, and totally blatant sweeping-under-the-carpet-forever". Looks like 4 weeks it is!! Great! I finally have an official measurement!
0 Responses to “Survey says what?”
Post a Comment