User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


...and while I have 48 seconds....

let's have fun with spontaneous bullet points!
I'll see how many I can get in before MY BOSS (ahem!) kicks my ass and/or fires me.

  • I need to drink MORE rooibos tea and LESS coffee. My 1-cup-per-day strategy lasted 2 days. Only bumped up to 2, but still, I dont like failing in my health regime.
  • Speed dating has hit Gaborone. My friends are organizing it and I have not one single candidate that I can send on my behalf to donate to the ever-dried up dating pool of Gabz-city! Eric is too poor to buy a ticket (& will be in F'town anyway), Petra won't have any of it, and my yoga teacher is already going!
  • 1 week til Alan-time!
  • My husband is a slave driver, as a boss. As a husband he's such a sweet muffin.
  • Speaking of muffins, I made lemon curd the other day. It was sensational. I am now officially the lemon curd queen. We put it in the batch of muffins that he made and it was a taste explosion!! Lemon curd muffins with vanilla yogurt on top. AAGHHH!!
  • I'm now going to experiment with making LIME CURD. Maybe even then ORANGE CURD??!? WHAT WILL SHE THINK OF NEXT!?!??!
  • I am just an outstanding cook when it comes to asian food and just making shit up. Honestly. I made an award-winning thai THING off the top of my head the other night and it wasn't the first time that's just happened out of nowhere. Really, I could be a prodigy.
  • If I could do it all over again, I'd start up a cooking show, starring myself, and it would be called "Cooking for culinarily-challenged MEN". I got this idea from Mma Makutsi and her "Kalahari Typing School for Men" idea. Target a certain sex with your title and BOOM it's successful! It would be on the BBC Food channel, or Food Network or whatever. I would wear athletic gear, so as to make sure they were paying attention to technique and not boobs (as if i have boobs), and I would instruct them how to cook stuff.... very.... slowly. I would give good quality tips on general cooking shit, like what order to throw things into a wok (i.e. garlic/onion/chili first, THEN your meat and veg), basic principals you know? Rather than just race through a whole ginormous deluxe culinary feat in 20 minutes. I mean, get a clue, Food TV, guys can't keep up with that beef wellington you're making there in 15 minutes. "here's one i prepared earlier" my ass. Nigella and all her cleavage I mean COMA ON how are they supposed to pay attention to simple tricks like turning the heat off if your garlic is starting to stick to the pan, or prep all your chopped ingrediants BEFORE you turn on the heat?!?!?
  • We took Terry from the block to a Botswana Vultures (national rugby team game). it was sensational.

0 Responses to “...and while I have 48 seconds....”

Post a Comment



© 2006