User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Back from the abyss

Well I neglected to bring my camera into work, so I have no photos. And I don't like to have posts that aren't in harmony with other posts that contain the photos that belong to the initial post. So why bother reporting in here anyway? Well, so I can remember what I wanted to say when I finally do get around to it.

Basically having J. here was great. Taking him into the bush was even greater. Getting all that work done (finally!) and creating some breathing space for myself was nearly even greater than that!

The camping trip with J. was full of laughs, lots of drinking, loads of fabulous cooking, and hilarity on the last night when he (we'll call him "Princess" for the remainder of this post) was kept awake all night shaking yet paralyzed with terror in his sleeping bag because the lions were carrying on all night roaring their asses off and basically kept coming closer and closer to where we had our tents up... he was so petrified he only got about 2 hours of sleep and in the morning told us he couldn't stop thinking about what strategy the Botswana Government would choose to cover up our deaths in an attempt to make sure it didn't have an adverse impact on tourism. He had even contemplated exactly HOW the lions would rip his appendages off (in which order, arms first because they would be waving around in fear) and how much it would hurt, or if he would die of a heart attack before the first chomp. He had even envisaged exactly how they would find our remains, and exactly how long that would take. HAHAHA. The Mr. and I slept like babies anyway of course.

1 Responses to “Back from the abyss”

  1. # Blogger mamakohl

    LMAO, that's awesome!!!

    So, here's the thing. Now that he's figured out how the gov't will be covering up the deaths, you can use that knowledge to get people to disappear.

    "Hey where's Bex? And why are the lions suddenly quiet?"

    "Hmmm, don't know folks, let's continue the tour OVER THERE...."  

Post a Comment



© 2006