User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Blogging under pressure...

.......Where has the time gone??? This time last week we were playing hookey from work and packing up the camping gear to head out into the bush. Now it's friday again and I seem to have lost all memory of Monday - Thursday!!!

It's because we're up the walls at work. Seriously it's one of those all-hands-on-deck-or-get-your-ass-kicked-by-me weeks. Deadline. Today. Big one. Job finished yet? No. And to boot, the frickin Vice President demands a meeting on monday (or maybe not monday?? we won't know until the last minute and then it's drop-everything-for-Lt. General Vicey Prezzie ((soon to be Prezzie)) that involves a presentation by yours truly who really is NOT the person to be doing said presentation but DO I HAVE A CHOICE? Hell no. Nice one. Is the presentation ready? Hell no. Do I have to work on it over the weekend? Um, YES. BARF!!! BARFING MY ASS OFF!!!

Query: how does one address the current-VP/future P of BW? Who also happens to be the commander of the military forces? Lt. General future President Mr. Vice President K.???

Side note from The Happy Place: What with blogging all these useless little known random facts about Moi in the previous post the other day, I was thinking about more "random facts a la moi" whilst sitting on the toilet just after I posted that. One of which fills me with pure bliss. So let's make it 9, shall we??

Ahem:
"My idea of the most perfect lunch in the whole universe would be: Summer time. Outside on the patio (I'm imagining my little courtyard in that house I lived in in DC). Eating a BLT on whole grain toast made with turkey bacon, and Miracle Whip Lite (which I really never use for any other reason), after a hard run or workout (so as to "earn" the BLT), with an ice cold (emphasis on ICE COLD) Amstel Light*." Ah, heaven.

*Notwithstanding the fact that I haven't lived in a country where you can get an Amstel Light in appx 8 years. But still...

0 Responses to “Blogging under pressure...”

Post a Comment



© 2006