Posting Just to Post
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 14 August 2007 at 8/14/2007 01:16:00 pm.
This weekend was fun.
Friday sundowners were fun.
Saturday walk to Gabane was fun. I think the Mr. is writing about it right now on the other blog, actually.
Sunday hill climb was fun.
THE SIMPSONS MOVIE was double fun! ("Spider pig, Spider pig! Does whatever a spider pig does! can he swing from a web, no he cant, he's a pig. LOOk out, heres the spiderpig...")
Sunday afternoon while the Mr. was cooking dinner, me and A. took a bike ride down the road towards the dam, and while I was showing him the shoreline and we were walking the bikes along the water (b/c he just blew his tire), we stopped for a minute and were chatting about some cow or something and it was only a good 5 minutes or so later that I realized there was a big fat-ass crocodile less than 20metres away from us sitting on the bank that we were heading straight towards.
Well it was A's 1st croc, so that was cool... but what was not cool was that his bike was now un-ride-able and therefore we would not be riding out of there at top speed. Anyway no big deal, Big Bertha didn't look too interested in us, but dear sweet naive A. didn't really seem to grasp the concept that they will actually chase you and grab you and eat you, if they want to. Just like they did to our neighbours' dogs... poor things.
Why, WHY did no one ever tell me that "30 Rock" is the long-lost, actually FUNNY sitcom that I've been dreaming of and waiting in vain for, for the last (how long has Seinfeld been over?) however-many years!??!? Oh how I dearly love that show. And because no one tipped me off earlier, I've missed half a season already but nevermind. Just PLEASE People in Power, PLEASE don't pull this one off the air on me (like every other decent sitcom I've ever loved) I beg of you!
OK so the newest tale from freaksville, USA is that my bro finally forced his gf on the Mominator. It all went down this weekend at the Grandma's 80th b-day bash. Apparently everyone survived but not without awkwardness and tiny little digs and a dash of dysfunction. The bizarre tidbit that's got me bamboozled is this just in (via email) from the gf, to me:
"What's the deal with a possible surprise visit for Thanksgiving?? Your dad leaked that and I thought your mom was going to eat his head for lunch?"
Um, all I can say is that if my dad is suffering some sort of delusion that the Mr. and I would be spending ANY of our hard-earned money and well-deserved vacation days on some un-announced jetting off to hooterville for no good reason other than to eat turkey and scream at the top of our lungs, I'm afraid the poor man has finally succumbed to the rapidly-spreading, terminal case of Crazy that they must be passing around amongst themselves up there. What puzzles me most is the use of the word "surprise"!!!???
The weirdest thing after that, is that after no verbal contact with the Mominator since March (infamous "The Mother's Day Voicemail that Rocked the World" notwithstanding) all of a sudden there's this (mass) email (to everyone on the planet) that says they're going to Alaska in September. I'm sure everyone they know is thinking "wow! how nice that they're going to Alaska!" I, however, can read between the lines and know what this REALLY means. For example, my mother would rather DIE than go anywhere where birdwatching is involved. If there's not sunshine and preferably a beach and 5-star restaurants, home-girl dont play dat.
I imagine it went something like this:
Dad: "I'll never forgive you for sabotaging my visit to the kids in BW"
Mom: "If you let it go and never mention BW again, we can go to Alaska and watch birds on an iceberg or something"
Dad: "Done"
Mom: "never mention this conversation to anyone. From now on it's all about you and me and the Arctic circle. Capeesh?"
I'm nearly done with one of my well-thought-out posts.
Friday sundowners were fun.
Saturday walk to Gabane was fun. I think the Mr. is writing about it right now on the other blog, actually.
Sunday hill climb was fun.
THE SIMPSONS MOVIE was double fun! ("Spider pig, Spider pig! Does whatever a spider pig does! can he swing from a web, no he cant, he's a pig. LOOk out, heres the spiderpig...")
Sunday afternoon while the Mr. was cooking dinner, me and A. took a bike ride down the road towards the dam, and while I was showing him the shoreline and we were walking the bikes along the water (b/c he just blew his tire), we stopped for a minute and were chatting about some cow or something and it was only a good 5 minutes or so later that I realized there was a big fat-ass crocodile less than 20metres away from us sitting on the bank that we were heading straight towards.
Well it was A's 1st croc, so that was cool... but what was not cool was that his bike was now un-ride-able and therefore we would not be riding out of there at top speed. Anyway no big deal, Big Bertha didn't look too interested in us, but dear sweet naive A. didn't really seem to grasp the concept that they will actually chase you and grab you and eat you, if they want to. Just like they did to our neighbours' dogs... poor things.
Why, WHY did no one ever tell me that "30 Rock" is the long-lost, actually FUNNY sitcom that I've been dreaming of and waiting in vain for, for the last (how long has Seinfeld been over?) however-many years!??!? Oh how I dearly love that show. And because no one tipped me off earlier, I've missed half a season already but nevermind. Just PLEASE People in Power, PLEASE don't pull this one off the air on me (like every other decent sitcom I've ever loved) I beg of you!
OK so the newest tale from freaksville, USA is that my bro finally forced his gf on the Mominator. It all went down this weekend at the Grandma's 80th b-day bash. Apparently everyone survived but not without awkwardness and tiny little digs and a dash of dysfunction. The bizarre tidbit that's got me bamboozled is this just in (via email) from the gf, to me:
"What's the deal with a possible surprise visit for Thanksgiving?? Your dad leaked that and I thought your mom was going to eat his head for lunch?"
Um, all I can say is that if my dad is suffering some sort of delusion that the Mr. and I would be spending ANY of our hard-earned money and well-deserved vacation days on some un-announced jetting off to hooterville for no good reason other than to eat turkey and scream at the top of our lungs, I'm afraid the poor man has finally succumbed to the rapidly-spreading, terminal case of Crazy that they must be passing around amongst themselves up there. What puzzles me most is the use of the word "surprise"!!!???
The weirdest thing after that, is that after no verbal contact with the Mominator since March (infamous "The Mother's Day Voicemail that Rocked the World" notwithstanding) all of a sudden there's this (mass) email (to everyone on the planet) that says they're going to Alaska in September. I'm sure everyone they know is thinking "wow! how nice that they're going to Alaska!" I, however, can read between the lines and know what this REALLY means. For example, my mother would rather DIE than go anywhere where birdwatching is involved. If there's not sunshine and preferably a beach and 5-star restaurants, home-girl dont play dat.
I imagine it went something like this:
Dad: "I'll never forgive you for sabotaging my visit to the kids in BW"
Mom: "If you let it go and never mention BW again, we can go to Alaska and watch birds on an iceberg or something"
Dad: "Done"
Mom: "never mention this conversation to anyone. From now on it's all about you and me and the Arctic circle. Capeesh?"
I'm nearly done with one of my well-thought-out posts.
0 Responses to “Posting Just to Post”
Post a Comment