Fly-through blogging....
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 24 October 2007 at 10/24/2007 11:20:00 am.
OK Stinkville (aka Letlhakane, or "biggest S***hole in Botswana") wasnt actually that bad this time around- the gig is, you gotta stay in the best hotel in town and that will make your trip all the much better.
Staying in this hotel, as opposed to the last one, was the difference between night and day. First of all we even found out that there were one or two other white people travelling through town or there on business. And when I say "one or two" I mean, "one or two". Literally. But also the rooms were clean and the bedding not to be described as "questionable" for once. woo hoo! Anyway the forecasted 7 hour drive actually turned out to be a lot shorter, which was great. The food was pretty nice... which is also great. The dudes that we had to meet with were cooperative and totally bearable... even better than great. Work got done efficiently and the drive back was short and uneventful. Drove straight to the gym and had a much-needed workout, then back home and turbo-pack for today.
Last weekend was great- Lucy's party was fantastic and then the Polson's visit was nice albeit a wee bit hurried and we made Ma P. sick in the rig when we took her offroading through the bush, looking for animals for like, WAY too long. (by her standards not ours) but I just have to remind myself that not everyone gets their rocks off the same way we do. No drama, I think they enjoyed themselves. I always feel guilty when I have "really nice house people" staying in my "really humble and not near as nice" abode. But I know that's just me.
Now we're leaving (literally, I mean NOW.... ) for Joburg. SA Wine Tasting Expo tonight with the boys and possibly one of J.'s friends... dinner on the square (Greek! please Greek!)... then hopefully not too much to drink as The Mr. and I have to be at the airport at butt-ass-crack-of-dawn tomorrow morning to pick up S&M.
I like this whole 3-hours in the office-all-week thing.
What I don't like is missing the challenge with my dear CSK. Don't worry my girl, I'm back in business on Monday and it's your turn!!!
Staying in this hotel, as opposed to the last one, was the difference between night and day. First of all we even found out that there were one or two other white people travelling through town or there on business. And when I say "one or two" I mean, "one or two". Literally. But also the rooms were clean and the bedding not to be described as "questionable" for once. woo hoo! Anyway the forecasted 7 hour drive actually turned out to be a lot shorter, which was great. The food was pretty nice... which is also great. The dudes that we had to meet with were cooperative and totally bearable... even better than great. Work got done efficiently and the drive back was short and uneventful. Drove straight to the gym and had a much-needed workout, then back home and turbo-pack for today.
Last weekend was great- Lucy's party was fantastic and then the Polson's visit was nice albeit a wee bit hurried and we made Ma P. sick in the rig when we took her offroading through the bush, looking for animals for like, WAY too long. (by her standards not ours) but I just have to remind myself that not everyone gets their rocks off the same way we do. No drama, I think they enjoyed themselves. I always feel guilty when I have "really nice house people" staying in my "really humble and not near as nice" abode. But I know that's just me.
Now we're leaving (literally, I mean NOW.... ) for Joburg. SA Wine Tasting Expo tonight with the boys and possibly one of J.'s friends... dinner on the square (Greek! please Greek!)... then hopefully not too much to drink as The Mr. and I have to be at the airport at butt-ass-crack-of-dawn tomorrow morning to pick up S&M.
I like this whole 3-hours in the office-all-week thing.
What I don't like is missing the challenge with my dear CSK. Don't worry my girl, I'm back in business on Monday and it's your turn!!!
0 Responses to “Fly-through blogging....”
Post a Comment