Happy Friday n all that
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 12 October 2007 at 10/12/2007 02:22:00 pm.
2nd really good friday in a row that I find myself blogging with all good things on the mind.
1. Favorite aunt & uncle (and even potentially favorite cousin J) could quite possibly be joining us in January for a visit!!! I am sooooooo excited, and the significance is not lost on me that this crowd from Hooterville, MO who doesn't have even half of the disposable income that my own parents have, will be our first family visitors in Africa JUST as they were our first family visitors in Ireland as well!!! They will be coming less than a year after we arrived here, whereas the biological parental unit will not be making their appearance until what, over a year and a half since we moved.
2. Just had lovely lunch at the craft centre with the Mr. and never felt so popular-- (this kinda thing hasn't happened to me since I was in High School) First we walk in and see Skyler our neighbour buddy. Chatty chat chat. We place our order, turn around and see HH too. More chatty chat chat. Walk outside to pick a table and there's Pauline stopping to say howdy to us. More talky talk talk. Less than 10 minutes into lunch, along comes Lu my lovely yoga teacher and more blah dee blah blah as well as a follow-up on her previous invitation to her big bday party next week. For the first time in ages I had this real feeling of . . . not being just an anonymous face in the new crowd.
3. Have never been more stoked to get to the gym and plug up with the earphones. Tonight between the hours of 5-6:30 I will be listening to the first NEW RELEASE album I will have gotten my hands on in over 2 years! All thanks to my beloved CrazySK who is kind enough to bestow upon me gifts of mp3 goodness for GOD - the new Kid Rock release which Ive been tentatively anticipating for what seems like eons. Fingers crossed....
4. Had an amazing evening for no good reason last night-- now that my girl P. has moved out to our neck of the woods it's like insta-hang out land. Of course all our friends are dying to see her new gaff so NOW they're all coming out and sundowners and dinners and general hanging outs galore have arrived. Last night the Mr. and myself headed over there with her after the 3 of us were denied entry to the squash courts :-O and I cooked fajitas in her amazingly spacious new kitchen while she baked a cheesecake and we all drank wine and listened to Powderfinger (!? explain that!?) and then ate dinner out on her amazing veranda which overlooks the bush and the hills. It's like a holiday lodge or something. And we sat there and listened to the jackals carry on and it was great.
5. Speaking of P. tomorrow afternoon we're gonna try and bush-bash our way to her pad through a "back way". Haven't quite figured it out yet but I'm damn well sure we can get there without going on the main road and cut half the time off the trip between our places. Oh yeah we're also gonna attempt the Sech-drop as well. Now that she has this big bush plot all to herself she DEFINITELY needs a dog, and I reckon Sech is just the one for her. She just doesn't know it yet. We'll take him over and then "accidentally" forget him. (oh yes and some food too, of course)
6. The brother that I wrote off a couple of weeks ago just phoned me on his cellphone from work. That was bizarre. He's such a freak- he asked "so are you coming home for thanksgiving or xmas???" Good lord if that boy doesn't make an art out of playing the naive card.
7. Tonight after gym we're going to eat indian food at Chutney and I've already figured out what I'll be ordering- something with paneer. I haven't been this excited about a restaurant in so long and now I am because for the last 2 days I have already been dreaming of EXACTLY what I'm going to be ordering. I think that makes the anticipation even more delectable.
Dude, did I just use the word "delectable"?!?!?!
Definitely time to stop blogging.
Heaven help me keep my wits about me on Saturday night during the South Africa vs. Argentina playoff game for the rugby world cup....
1. Favorite aunt & uncle (and even potentially favorite cousin J) could quite possibly be joining us in January for a visit!!! I am sooooooo excited, and the significance is not lost on me that this crowd from Hooterville, MO who doesn't have even half of the disposable income that my own parents have, will be our first family visitors in Africa JUST as they were our first family visitors in Ireland as well!!! They will be coming less than a year after we arrived here, whereas the biological parental unit will not be making their appearance until what, over a year and a half since we moved.
2. Just had lovely lunch at the craft centre with the Mr. and never felt so popular-- (this kinda thing hasn't happened to me since I was in High School) First we walk in and see Skyler our neighbour buddy. Chatty chat chat. We place our order, turn around and see HH too. More chatty chat chat. Walk outside to pick a table and there's Pauline stopping to say howdy to us. More talky talk talk. Less than 10 minutes into lunch, along comes Lu my lovely yoga teacher and more blah dee blah blah as well as a follow-up on her previous invitation to her big bday party next week. For the first time in ages I had this real feeling of . . . not being just an anonymous face in the new crowd.
3. Have never been more stoked to get to the gym and plug up with the earphones. Tonight between the hours of 5-6:30 I will be listening to the first NEW RELEASE album I will have gotten my hands on in over 2 years! All thanks to my beloved CrazySK who is kind enough to bestow upon me gifts of mp3 goodness for GOD - the new Kid Rock release which Ive been tentatively anticipating for what seems like eons. Fingers crossed....
4. Had an amazing evening for no good reason last night-- now that my girl P. has moved out to our neck of the woods it's like insta-hang out land. Of course all our friends are dying to see her new gaff so NOW they're all coming out and sundowners and dinners and general hanging outs galore have arrived. Last night the Mr. and myself headed over there with her after the 3 of us were denied entry to the squash courts :-O and I cooked fajitas in her amazingly spacious new kitchen while she baked a cheesecake and we all drank wine and listened to Powderfinger (!? explain that!?) and then ate dinner out on her amazing veranda which overlooks the bush and the hills. It's like a holiday lodge or something. And we sat there and listened to the jackals carry on and it was great.
5. Speaking of P. tomorrow afternoon we're gonna try and bush-bash our way to her pad through a "back way". Haven't quite figured it out yet but I'm damn well sure we can get there without going on the main road and cut half the time off the trip between our places. Oh yeah we're also gonna attempt the Sech-drop as well. Now that she has this big bush plot all to herself she DEFINITELY needs a dog, and I reckon Sech is just the one for her. She just doesn't know it yet. We'll take him over and then "accidentally" forget him. (oh yes and some food too, of course)
6. The brother that I wrote off a couple of weeks ago just phoned me on his cellphone from work. That was bizarre. He's such a freak- he asked "so are you coming home for thanksgiving or xmas???" Good lord if that boy doesn't make an art out of playing the naive card.
7. Tonight after gym we're going to eat indian food at Chutney and I've already figured out what I'll be ordering- something with paneer. I haven't been this excited about a restaurant in so long and now I am because for the last 2 days I have already been dreaming of EXACTLY what I'm going to be ordering. I think that makes the anticipation even more delectable.
Dude, did I just use the word "delectable"?!?!?!
Definitely time to stop blogging.
Heaven help me keep my wits about me on Saturday night during the South Africa vs. Argentina playoff game for the rugby world cup....
0 Responses to “Happy Friday n all that”
Post a Comment