I just requested my presence be added to the absentee voter list for Missouri so now I can't wait for my ballots to come rolling in. WOO HOO! Except I'm still not 100% on the candidate though, except I DO know that Barack has lost me. ~sigh~ I still think of him as a rockstar and he was almost The One there for a moment, but now all this "work to find a compromise that is more friendly to the mining industry*" BS has finally body-slammed the last straw down on the camel's back for me. Well I suppose he kinda started to slow down the golden-bricks-of-poop production when I first heard him talking up coal to liquid, but now he's just lost it all together.
I'm thinking of heading down the "3-presidents-for-the-price-of-one" route now. I mean we all (literally, THE REST OF THE PLANET) still love my boy from Arkansas, PLUS I wouldn't want to miss out on an opportunity to see my father start shopping for real estate on Mars if Bill were back in the hoosegow again, not to mention SURELY Hillary will somehow find a way to bring Al Gore back along for the ride... what, Secretary of the Interior maybe? so... why not?
The good thing is that {I dont think} we don't have to be totally scared this year, as far as I can tell (from over here - I may be wrong, I dunno, I only get EuroNews) so, just as long as we don't royally F*ck something up entirely, during the months between January and November, I've decided I'm actually for once rather looking forward to this election year.
*when arguing AGAINST the sensible reform of the ROYALLY F'ed up Mining Act of 1872... something I once wrote a ginormous college paper on and will refrain from even getting started on how ridiculous, retarded, and in desperate need of reform that thing is. I mean, Barack, I know Illinois is a big fat rich coal mining state but WTF!?!?
I'm thinking of heading down the "3-presidents-for-the-price-of-one" route now. I mean we all (literally, THE REST OF THE PLANET) still love my boy from Arkansas, PLUS I wouldn't want to miss out on an opportunity to see my father start shopping for real estate on Mars if Bill were back in the hoosegow again, not to mention SURELY Hillary will somehow find a way to bring Al Gore back along for the ride... what, Secretary of the Interior maybe? so... why not?
The good thing is that {I dont think} we don't have to be totally scared this year, as far as I can tell (from over here - I may be wrong, I dunno, I only get EuroNews) so, just as long as we don't royally F*ck something up entirely, during the months between January and November, I've decided I'm actually for once rather looking forward to this election year.
*when arguing AGAINST the sensible reform of the ROYALLY F'ed up Mining Act of 1872... something I once wrote a ginormous college paper on and will refrain from even getting started on how ridiculous, retarded, and in desperate need of reform that thing is. I mean, Barack, I know Illinois is a big fat rich coal mining state but WTF!?!?
0 Responses to “Good Voter”
Post a Comment