So I go to the "girlie doctor" for my annual appointment (which I've been shirking since 2003... b/c I'm so responsible like that!) and in one of the more entertaining performances of my week, he goes:
[oh wait - background - he's German. Veeeeeeerrrrrrrrry Gerrrrrrman]
Dr. Jurgenheidenschmidtenlosen: "OK, ja, Mrs. W... vill ve have a look at ze chart here. yessss, und I see you are now approximutely zhirty years old... und you have not had ze child yet?"
Me: "nope."
Dr. J: "UND, VY NOT!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!"
Me: hee hee hee (nervous giggle) mumblemumbleherrrrrmmmmmumble...
OK that's the end of that story, I just found it funny. I found him really funny actually, unfortunately that's probably just mostly because I got to spend a half hour listening to a dude with an accent like Helmut Kohl talking to me about each and every last girlie part in the human body. Oh yes how very Eric Cartman of me!!
So yeah my new gynie practice is basically 2 german doctors who are husband and wife. It's quite sweet. Mr & Mrs gynie. Which reminds me... I still need to finish one of my well-thought-out posts.
Tomorrow we are meant to go for an 18km hike in Mokolodi but the massive monsoon that has been pummelling gabs for the last day or two may have implications. Either way we won't know until our estimated time of departure tomorrow which is (choke) 6:30a.m. on a SATURDAY.
stupid alpine hiking club of BW!!!
Alas, it's a once-a-year opportunity, and it will be our very final last hoo-ra with B & R. This will be like, our THIRD "last hoo-ra" with those chicks. First it was the dinner party 2 weekends ago, then it was drinks at the art fair last weekend, then we decided to do dinner with them on wednesday night, and now LITERALLY on R's last day in the country (B's 2nd to last), we've decided to do the big hike. I don't mind all the going aways whatsoever, me being the socialising addict and all, but it sure does drag out the sadness and alllllllll the bye-byes.....
Dinner Wednesday was really fun. I love breaking up the week with an event for no reason.
Buttloads of offices and clients and consultants in town are already breaking up for the holidays as early as next week! WTF! Can it really be upon us this soon?!??! I'm not prepared!!!!!!!
[oh wait - background - he's German. Veeeeeeerrrrrrrrry Gerrrrrrman]
Dr. Jurgenheidenschmidtenlosen: "OK, ja, Mrs. W... vill ve have a look at ze chart here. yessss, und I see you are now approximutely zhirty years old... und you have not had ze child yet?"
Me: "nope."
Dr. J: "UND, VY NOT!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!"
Me: hee hee hee (nervous giggle) mumblemumbleherrrrrmmmmmumble...
OK that's the end of that story, I just found it funny. I found him really funny actually, unfortunately that's probably just mostly because I got to spend a half hour listening to a dude with an accent like Helmut Kohl talking to me about each and every last girlie part in the human body. Oh yes how very Eric Cartman of me!!
So yeah my new gynie practice is basically 2 german doctors who are husband and wife. It's quite sweet. Mr & Mrs gynie. Which reminds me... I still need to finish one of my well-thought-out posts.
Tomorrow we are meant to go for an 18km hike in Mokolodi but the massive monsoon that has been pummelling gabs for the last day or two may have implications. Either way we won't know until our estimated time of departure tomorrow which is (choke) 6:30a.m. on a SATURDAY.
stupid alpine hiking club of BW!!!
Alas, it's a once-a-year opportunity, and it will be our very final last hoo-ra with B & R. This will be like, our THIRD "last hoo-ra" with those chicks. First it was the dinner party 2 weekends ago, then it was drinks at the art fair last weekend, then we decided to do dinner with them on wednesday night, and now LITERALLY on R's last day in the country (B's 2nd to last), we've decided to do the big hike. I don't mind all the going aways whatsoever, me being the socialising addict and all, but it sure does drag out the sadness and alllllllll the bye-byes.....
Dinner Wednesday was really fun. I love breaking up the week with an event for no reason.
Buttloads of offices and clients and consultants in town are already breaking up for the holidays as early as next week! WTF! Can it really be upon us this soon?!??! I'm not prepared!!!!!!!
0 Responses to “Gynae Comedy”
Post a Comment