No way! Way too hard.
But if I had to put it in a nutshell:
-I had an anniversary
-I had a birthday
-I got internet at home that is slower than any other Botswana connection at a whopping 238kBps (that's slower than frozen shit crawling uphill) so it really doesn't help my endeavor to doing more email at home and less at the office
- My aunt and uncle and cousin & his high maintenance annoying high strung animal-hating picky-eating high-heel-wearing compulsive clothes-ironing girlfriend came over for 2 weeks
- We went to Tuli Block
- They left
- The Mr. and I are up to our eyeballs in work
- We both got elected to the SPCA committee
- Got a new laptop & printer for the office
- Easter 4-day weekend
Oooooohhhhh how I loved the Easter 4-day weekend. It came the day after everyone finally left, and we did nothing but quality alone-time and watch movies and sleep in and cuddle on the couch. Lots of cuddles. And walking puppies. And going to the gym. And cooking for ourselves.
Watched:
Michael Clayton (pretty good)
Atonement (eehhhh... disappointing and waaaay too long & drawn out in the first 2/3rds and AGH I hated that little Saoirse Ronan character!!)
Air Guitar Nation (FUN-NYYYYY!)
Friday we had dinner/meeting with the Animal folk. The Mr. is going to be elected the new Honorary Treasurer and me just a plain old Board Member. What with him already sunk into his correspondence course and me starting my new MSc thingy next week, our lives will be busy. Busy busy busy. The topic of this meeting (aside from committee elections) was how the BW organization can improve, and the speaker was the head of the Zim organization who had been here at our facilities/kennels for the past week, observing and critiquing and gathering up a list of suggestions and recommendations on how we can be better. She was great, and very positive too. Apparently our kennels here are the only ones she's ever done an inspection on where there was not even 1 occurrence of kennel stress. Totally 100% kennel-stress free, and that's even working at WAY over capacity.
And the photos:
My birthday dinner at the greek restaurant with Ma & Pa P., and the aunt and uncle and Alan. This was before Cuz & Ms. High-maintenance got here. Oh how I lovvvvvvvve de greek fooood.
Sundowners with the fam at our local.
Here she is. Note the complete lack of interest in anything, as we admire the beautiful african landscape and scan for wildlife. This was probably right before one of her squealing incidents due to a 2-inch gecko crossing her path or something.
I love it how my aunt & uncle also think she's totally wrong for their son. It made for some great bitching & venting once they left. Oh, let's play "what's wrong with this picture": who TF brings their HANDBAG up to a viewpoint for sundowners & game spotting?
Me & my beloved Mr. stealing some alone time.

The above photo is the best. It reminds me that no matter how SHITTY I get with people, I have this amazing Husbanator who makes everything better and will whisk me off into the sunset for some zen time and a few minutes to look at the Baobob trees (and warthogs) and make everything right again. He is just sooooooo fantastic. I just want to kiss the screen!!
But if I had to put it in a nutshell:
-I had an anniversary
-I had a birthday
-I got internet at home that is slower than any other Botswana connection at a whopping 238kBps (that's slower than frozen shit crawling uphill) so it really doesn't help my endeavor to doing more email at home and less at the office
- My aunt and uncle and cousin & his high maintenance annoying high strung animal-hating picky-eating high-heel-wearing compulsive clothes-ironing girlfriend came over for 2 weeks
- We went to Tuli Block
- They left
- The Mr. and I are up to our eyeballs in work
- We both got elected to the SPCA committee
- Got a new laptop & printer for the office
- Easter 4-day weekend
Oooooohhhhh how I loved the Easter 4-day weekend. It came the day after everyone finally left, and we did nothing but quality alone-time and watch movies and sleep in and cuddle on the couch. Lots of cuddles. And walking puppies. And going to the gym. And cooking for ourselves.
Watched:
Michael Clayton (pretty good)
Atonement (eehhhh... disappointing and waaaay too long & drawn out in the first 2/3rds and AGH I hated that little Saoirse Ronan character!!)
Air Guitar Nation (FUN-NYYYYY!)
Friday we had dinner/meeting with the Animal folk. The Mr. is going to be elected the new Honorary Treasurer and me just a plain old Board Member. What with him already sunk into his correspondence course and me starting my new MSc thingy next week, our lives will be busy. Busy busy busy. The topic of this meeting (aside from committee elections) was how the BW organization can improve, and the speaker was the head of the Zim organization who had been here at our facilities/kennels for the past week, observing and critiquing and gathering up a list of suggestions and recommendations on how we can be better. She was great, and very positive too. Apparently our kennels here are the only ones she's ever done an inspection on where there was not even 1 occurrence of kennel stress. Totally 100% kennel-stress free, and that's even working at WAY over capacity.
And the photos:
My birthday dinner at the greek restaurant with Ma & Pa P., and the aunt and uncle and Alan. This was before Cuz & Ms. High-maintenance got here. Oh how I lovvvvvvvve de greek fooood.
Sundowners with the fam at our local.
Here she is. Note the complete lack of interest in anything, as we admire the beautiful african landscape and scan for wildlife. This was probably right before one of her squealing incidents due to a 2-inch gecko crossing her path or something.
Me & my beloved Mr. stealing some alone time.
The above photo is the best. It reminds me that no matter how SHITTY I get with people, I have this amazing Husbanator who makes everything better and will whisk me off into the sunset for some zen time and a few minutes to look at the Baobob trees (and warthogs) and make everything right again. He is just sooooooo fantastic. I just want to kiss the screen!!
Aaaw... That is so nice. You guys are so cute. Glad you have yourselves back to yourselves for a while.....