Marico Weekend & study hell
2 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 29 April 2008 at 4/29/2008 11:31:00 am.
It was a great weekend away - totally relaxing and not one moment of aggro for a whole 2 and a half days. It was really tranquil and beautiful.
Our cottage was on the river and we took walks and drank tea (and champagne) and watched rugby and braaied and ate at probably the best restaurant I've eaten at since arriving back in Africa. Go figure - a one-horse town with an incredibly posh, foodie-oriented bistro. We figured out that was our first (recreational) trip away with just the 2 of us since our trip to Greece back in September 2006. WTF!?!? Shock horror.
Unfortunately it pains me to admit that now I'm back in the lap of chaos. My studies are breaking my back and my sanity, work is a freakshow, I volunteered to write a bunch of articles for the animal people, and I'm feeling disgustingly emotionally fragile.
My study routine has gone into overdrive. At the beginning of the semester (last month) I read my materials and textbooks when I had a chance. Now I find myself with only a month left before I have to turn in a big assignment and hundreds of pages still left to read. So now I've gone all Belladela in my reading technique, and have just forced myself to carry this fantastic, riviting monster of a textbook around with me so that I'm reading at all times:
- In the car while the Mr. is driving
- At my big project commissioning meeting with many government officials, during boring-non-relevant parts
- In the car while the Mr. ducks into the shop for whatever
- At lunch break
- Commercial breaks during Boston Legal
- Bed
Anyway, it's too busy to write more but I will post with photos next time. And we have a 4-day weekend this weekend in which I will swamp myself with guess what... more studying.
Our cottage was on the river and we took walks and drank tea (and champagne) and watched rugby and braaied and ate at probably the best restaurant I've eaten at since arriving back in Africa. Go figure - a one-horse town with an incredibly posh, foodie-oriented bistro. We figured out that was our first (recreational) trip away with just the 2 of us since our trip to Greece back in September 2006. WTF!?!? Shock horror.
Unfortunately it pains me to admit that now I'm back in the lap of chaos. My studies are breaking my back and my sanity, work is a freakshow, I volunteered to write a bunch of articles for the animal people, and I'm feeling disgustingly emotionally fragile.
My study routine has gone into overdrive. At the beginning of the semester (last month) I read my materials and textbooks when I had a chance. Now I find myself with only a month left before I have to turn in a big assignment and hundreds of pages still left to read. So now I've gone all Belladela in my reading technique, and have just forced myself to carry this fantastic, riviting monster of a textbook around with me so that I'm reading at all times:
- In the car while the Mr. is driving
- At my big project commissioning meeting with many government officials, during boring-non-relevant parts
- In the car while the Mr. ducks into the shop for whatever
- At lunch break
- Commercial breaks during Boston Legal
- Bed
Anyway, it's too busy to write more but I will post with photos next time. And we have a 4-day weekend this weekend in which I will swamp myself with guess what... more studying.
Forgot to tell you, I also read while brushing my teeth. I wish I could figure out a way to read in the shower.
You can read shampoo bottles in the shower, no? Sniggledy snoutly shampoo-snort.