One of those horrible bloggy things!!
4 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 24 April 2008 at 4/24/2008 10:23:00 am.(that we all just can't deny)
My ol' friend CrazySK tagged me with one of these doo-hickeys. I figure it'll keep me going, on my breaks throughout the course of the day. Here goes.
RULES - Post rules before giving the facts - Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves - People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules - At the end of the your blog you need to tag three people and list their names... blah blah blah...and so on
Well, since all but 2 of my bloggy friends have COMMITTED OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF BLOG ABANDONMENT then I guess I won't be tagging anyone but Bellydelly seeing as CSK already got me.
1. This is not a habit, but it's a fact about me, I guess: My darling Mr. has a new office chair. It is a combination of a fitball and chair:
It is a laughable-looking, funny chair that people freak over when they see it. It comes with a workout book of exercises you can do using it. We bought it from my physio. It is supposed to give you good posture, and boy howdy does it work. He can feel the muscles in his lower back are sore because they're so week and he's so used to slouching over. This will fix that. I highly recommend said "freaky chair" and will be getting one for myself as soon as Tracy gets a new shipment in (there was only 1 left when we got it, and he needs it more than me).
2. I'm finding out recently that a lot of my friends have no idea what I do for a living. "er, um... something dealing with heads of state and saving the world..."-Brandon. No, not really. But it doesn't really bother me that no one knows what I do, because I don't like talking about work. Ever. It bores me, and that's not because I don't like what I do, it's because I do it 8+ hours a day and by 5:30 pm I'm tired of it - I have a very short attention span. Tired of thinking about it, talking about it, or having to explain it to people who probably, when it's all said and done, don't really actually care all that much anyway. Most of my friends are very polite and feign interest very well.
3. My/our M-F morning ritual is as habitual as breathing, religious in consistency, and goes as follows:
7am - commence 3 snoozes on the alarm clock (monitored by the Mr.). The Mr. puts out the 3 "normal" puppies and fills bowls for all 4 of them (incl. Reggie, who is locked back in the bedroom with me b/c he gets fed alone inside, so as to prevent any tragic acts of puppy breakfast-hijacking). Once the 3 normals have their bowls, the Mr. taps on the bedroom window and I release the quivering, food-anxiety-hound to his bowl. Then, in our ridiculous Dunnes Stores robes, we commence smoothie making. He chops fruit, I blend. Consume large pot of rooibos tea, in front of exactly 30 minutes of a combination of CNN/SkyNews/EuroNews. Then get dressed, chat to Mary, bid the puppies farewell, then leave for work. And so the ritual has been for nearly 5 years now (with the exception of Mary and leaving for work together - that's only going on 2 years).
4. My favorite 2 teeshirts are white v-necks in some boys' youth size that I bought in 1999 when I was living in DC and shopping with B. at the Bass outlet store out in the suburbs. And when I say "favorite" I mean I literally wear them at least once if not twice a week - more than any other shirt I own, and have been, ever since 1999. After 4 continents, hundreds of travels, half a dozen different washing machines, weight gain and loss, and who knows how many litres of bleach, those things are still going strong - perfect fit, still sparkling white, no rips or stretching, and all at no less than 9 years old. That same shopping excursion also got me a Bass daypack which is also still in perfect condition and I still use almost daily as my gym bag. The moral of the story is: if you want long-lasting quality and durability, buy Bass!
5. I would seriously consider living in Malta. I want to go there soon to check it out. I am not basing this on anything substantial, nor do I have any good reason for it. It's just something I think about often, not really sure why. Especially since I know that their job market is almost non-existent.
6. I am eating one slice of W's pumpkin seed rye bread, spread with low fat cream cheese with spring onion and chives. This is something totally uncharacteristic of me. I am not a bread person and I never buy processy stuff like flavoured cream cheese. Don't know what came over me today. Hunger and lack of choice, maybe?
7. I can handle a lot of gross shit, probably more than most chicks. But toilet brushes kinda freak me out. I really do NOT like them. Every time I pick one up, I just think of where it's been & what it's been doing.
8. At a meeting this morning, one of the waaay-high-ups of a major mining company was being a total douche. I shot an intelligent line at him and followed up with probably the world's greasiest untouchable jacked-up expression that only a Class A bitch-ass shitbitch could muster. It was awesome. I felt like the Hulk.
That's 8 - and my day is over. Excellent timing. Let's see if Adelly steps up... ;-)
How many times you gonna tag me with this? http://belladela.blogspot.com/2007/08/ok-heres-your-silly-tag-answers.html
You're too young to be gettin' that Old Timer's Disease...!
Jills got half-heimer's!
Snoutly Snootly beagley bassety
sniggledy snortly snoot.
I saw an Australian Rockabilly trio last night called the Red Hot Poker Dots. From Melbourne. The girl who played double bass was this tiny skinny petite person and she would stand on top of the instrument, as would her musical partner but he also knocked over a couple of microphone stands when he dismounted. Gabby says sniggledy snortly snootly snout. I would like a piece of cheese.
Hey I can leave as many comments as I want here. More beagley bassety's perhaps?