User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Weekend of husband food and cakey stuff

This weekend was very study-y. Laaaaaaaaaaaame, in other words.

Plus I can't even remember the last time I could breathe through my nose. Freakin cold and sinus purgatory over here. So friday evening we went for a run, which actually put me at home in time for 30 Rock (which is still cruelly being broadcast at 7:30 on fridays), after which we went out for Thai food to try and liquidate the sinus situation going on in my head. Jungle curry and fragrant spicy soup... yummmmmmm.

Saturday - studying. bleh. but the Mr. got it into his head that he would make cinnamon rolls, at my request. One of those classic american desserty-yet-breakfasty treats that we haven't had since 2003 or thereabouts. So he made those. He also made a cake. He also made meatloaf. It was a bizarre random cooking extravaganza going on in the kitchen as I plugged through endless pages of Management Theory and Organizational Cultures. Saturday we also had a 3-hour committee meeting for the animal people, where goats climbed on members' cars while eating the minutes of the last meeting, and donkeys sat in on the proceedings. It was weird and fun. There are cat paw prints on the meeting notes.

Sunday the Mr. cooked a huge Indian feast while I studied again. The general theme here is that he's gotten all his manly handyman duties accomplished while I have been studying through the last couple weekends (fixing the roof, cleaning the pool, changing nearly every lightbulb in the house, chopping firewood, etc) and now there's nothing left to do! So I told him he should get his groove on in the kitchen for a change, and lo and behold he did. Fired up the iPod, closed the door, and went to town. We invited P. over for a huge Indian 3-course binge on the fruits of his labour and imported beers last night. And ate the cake. SO yeah, cinnamon rolls with caramel sauce AND cake in one day. This is sooooooo not good.

Let's just call this last week of April "Salad Week".

It is my last yoga class of the season tonight. There's underground murmurs from some crazy kids in my class of starting a stealthy renegade side-project while our teacher is on holidays. One where beginners aren't invited and we each take turns leading the practice. Oh the rebellion and uprising in Gabz-city!!

Also in fitness news (as I snack on a leftover cinnamon roll with my 10:30 rooibos tea), we've finally had it up to HERE with our horrible excuse for a gym and are abandoning it instead of renewing our membership which was up this month. Have decided to go across town to a very geographically-challenged competitor gym (at a 5-star hotel) that's cheaper and boasts a squash court, pool and about 50% less exercise equipment. But see, it's all WORKING equipment, that's the thing. They may only have 4 treadmills, but they're 4 OUT OF 4 treadmills, ALL WORKING. Unlike our ghetto-ass gym (owned by the His Excellency the President's brother) which has 11, yet only 4 are ever working!! So now lunchtime gym may get forfeited because of the bad location, in place of after-work-gym though. That is very sad. I much prefer lunch time.

2 Responses to “Weekend of husband food and cakey stuff”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy new Year! Out with 1989, In with 1990!

    That was the outgoing message on my friend Frank's answering machine in the summer of 1993.

    You would be proud of me - I have actualkly started execising every day lifting weights. That is supplemented by a regular routine of doggy tossing. Beagley Bassety beagley Bassety.

    Enjoy your cinnamon buns. Then go flap your ears like a beagley bassety.

    Pete  

  2. # Blogger mamakohl

    I'm calling your ass out. Read my blog and participate or else you will fall prey to blog abandonment. I will seek restitution.  

Post a Comment



© 2006