1. Damn Holland for losing to Russia in the Euro 2008 playoffs
2. Damn my course for being so bloody read-y!
The best thing we did this weekend was eat. Friday night = lekker Indian restaurant and Saturday night = swanky Portuguese joint for U.'s birthday... which is where we watched the Dutch go down to the Russians in their worst tournement performance yet. BOOooooo Hisssss!
Then I just had to read, like all weekend. Read, read, read. Not reading for pleasure, reading for the damn exam I have in like 2 wks that I need to read more and more and more for.
Last week was all touch & go with my last assignment. Boy did I pull that one out of my ass! It had to be submitted by 5pm on Wednesday, and I just zipped it off by the skin of my teeth around, oh, 4pm. The worst part was that it was one of *those* days here in the office when the printers weren't working because the network wasnt working which meant I had to scan the "assignment submission form" onto a memory stick and print it off elsewhere and then scan it back in and email it off in .pdf and blah-dee-blah-dee-blah... anyway, like I said, skin of my teeth. Oh well at least it's over now. My tutor hated my draft so much I pretty much had to completely re-write the whole thing from the ground up. So who knows how THAT turned out!
Onto Exam-land. ugh!
But! We took about an hour out of slaving yesterday (sunday) to go over to Mark's house and see his NEW BABY BEAGLE!!! OK I'm totally and utterly against people buying dogs when I have to see over 150 welfare cases, and entire litters of puppies euthanised every month at the shelter.... but these guys wanted a beagle, and there's no beagles in BW. So they bought one in SA for like 2,400 Rand (GAH!!) and it is sooo adorable. I can't stay peeved when I see those big floppy ears dragging on the ground and the little tail up in the air. We brought Reilly over and they rolled around on the ground together while we drank tea and talked about . . . beagles. I never got to see Reggie as a baby but this was good enough!
Now I have to go to yoga and then.......... more reading!!!!!!!!!! God help me.
Oh yeah and God while you're at it please do me a solid in 4 days and counting when Those that Spawned Me arrive.
2. Damn my course for being so bloody read-y!
The best thing we did this weekend was eat. Friday night = lekker Indian restaurant and Saturday night = swanky Portuguese joint for U.'s birthday... which is where we watched the Dutch go down to the Russians in their worst tournement performance yet. BOOooooo Hisssss!
Then I just had to read, like all weekend. Read, read, read. Not reading for pleasure, reading for the damn exam I have in like 2 wks that I need to read more and more and more for.
Last week was all touch & go with my last assignment. Boy did I pull that one out of my ass! It had to be submitted by 5pm on Wednesday, and I just zipped it off by the skin of my teeth around, oh, 4pm. The worst part was that it was one of *those* days here in the office when the printers weren't working because the network wasnt working which meant I had to scan the "assignment submission form" onto a memory stick and print it off elsewhere and then scan it back in and email it off in .pdf and blah-dee-blah-dee-blah... anyway, like I said, skin of my teeth. Oh well at least it's over now. My tutor hated my draft so much I pretty much had to completely re-write the whole thing from the ground up. So who knows how THAT turned out!
Onto Exam-land. ugh!
But! We took about an hour out of slaving yesterday (sunday) to go over to Mark's house and see his NEW BABY BEAGLE!!! OK I'm totally and utterly against people buying dogs when I have to see over 150 welfare cases, and entire litters of puppies euthanised every month at the shelter.... but these guys wanted a beagle, and there's no beagles in BW. So they bought one in SA for like 2,400 Rand (GAH!!) and it is sooo adorable. I can't stay peeved when I see those big floppy ears dragging on the ground and the little tail up in the air. We brought Reilly over and they rolled around on the ground together while we drank tea and talked about . . . beagles. I never got to see Reggie as a baby but this was good enough!
Now I have to go to yoga and then.......... more reading!!!!!!!!!! God help me.
Oh yeah and God while you're at it please do me a solid in 4 days and counting when Those that Spawned Me arrive.
0 Responses to “Damn Study Weekend”
Post a Comment