User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


This year is nearly half over [shriek!]

Time goes so fast!

I have 2 months to figure out something brilliant for the Mr.'s birthday. I have 5 months to get xmas presents and holiday arrangements sorted out I have 6 months left of the year 2008. In 2009 I'm gonna be 33! Holy Balls! Where does the time go!?

This weekend we're headed out into the bush for a camping extravaganza with A., and our new intern (from France), Em. is coming too. It will be her first taste of Botswana outside of Gabz-city. I picked a campsite with extra lion racket at night. ;-) hee heeeeeeeeeee

I would say it's 99% sure that we sold the house over yonder in Ireland. A deposit has been paid, that's all I know. So apparently it looks like a done deal. I may be uttering famous last words now, because it's happened before, but if I'm right, we managed a good deal with this one. We paid 185 for that place back in 2003, and are offloading it for 335. Not bad for a 5 year investment.

Body Pump class last night at gym pretty much kicked my ass, but hot substitute instructor made it all worth it. What I don't understand is the girl in front of me who physically left the class like 3 times in 1 hour. Why bother? Once she went out to fill up her water bottle. Once she left to, uh, I dunno, go to the bathroom? And once she left for who knows what. Freak. Not to mention space-hog. Beeyatch kept gettin all up in my personal space. I gave her a barbell in the back of the feet a couple times, just for good measure. Next time she's gettin barbell in the FACE.

I have orange roses on my desk because Chris the engineer cancelled a meeting yesterday without telling me. Of course I find this out because I (and Em) drove all the way out to the meeting location (village 45 mins away) only to find... no one... and back again. Sooo I called him and gave him a (relatively friendly) verbal lashing and he felt really, really bad and apologized from the bottom of his heart about 20 times. Then showed up with a flower pot of mini-roses. Damn, this is an excellent way to carry out office interior design on the cheap! We still need a coffee table for the waiting area....

Reggie owns this new office. He loves the back courtyard, he's marked the front sidewalk enough to know which door is ours, and his bed sits perfectly centred along the back wall so that he has an unobscured view of everyone coming in and going out. He's even happy to stay and watch the place when everyone empties out for lunch around 1pm. He's more like the greeting and welcoming committee, but we call him the Human Resources officer just so he feels more important.

My parents are coming (for 5 days) in 2 weeks. Then I have exams. And the SIL and her little friendy are coming for 2 weeks. By the time they leave, July will be nearly over. OMG then it's only one month til the Mr's bday... less than 4 til xmas.... less than 5 til 2009.... gasp!

1 Responses to “This year is nearly half over [shriek!]”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Beagley Bassety would like to apply for job too, wants to know if it comes with complimentary shoes for her to eat.  

Post a Comment



© 2006