Oh so THATS what friends are for....!
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 07 August 2008 at 8/07/2008 02:57:00 pm.
I'll admit I haven't been my old self for quite awhile.
I think I'm destined to just have a few bad months in a row to wind up this year that started so unbelievably zen and balanced.
But anyway, I got the first big smile on my face in a long time today. A true reminder of why my best friends are who they are. And the medium that it came to me in, today, was e-mail exchange. Excerpt as follows.
Me: "...Yeah Lynchyboy got us tickets at a mere R 350 a pop for the SA_AUS game. I am soooooooo excited. What I am *not* excited about, however, is going down to the old stomping ground and hiding from the Ps. I just cant stomach N. at the moment what with the mega-meltdown from June so I'm not even telling them I'm coming. It will feel weird, but i'm just not ready to kiss and make up yet. Is that petty? I'm just being honest with myself and my feelings are that - I dont wanna. But then I seem to second guess myself on abso-friggin-lutely everything these days when it comes to my quality of human beingship."
Him: "[before,] I would have told you that you need to face it up otherwise it will get bigger and bigger. But you what, I'm not so sure I buy that line anymore. I'm a little sick of late of people who are family or as good as family, saying things to people that they say are for their own good when in actual fact they are just blatantly derogatory comments which they wouldn't dream of saying to any other human being in the world but feel that it is ok to say it you cos "youre family". Well NO, its not fucking ok! How dare they think that just cos "youre family" that you don't deserve the same respect and dignity that everyone else deserves. So fuck em. They will have to learn to pull their head in."
OK so we might not have even been entirely on the same page, topic-wise, but it just gave me a lift and an imaginary slap on the back, for that moment. Sometimes you just need to be spoken to and advised by someone you care about and appreciate the approval of. I'm trying to remember the last time I got any of that good lovin stuff... well, I can't, but after today I remember that it feels so dang good. I mean, I dont want my friends blowing smoke up my ass, but sometimes it's just so nice to get a big fat "Go Team!" when you need one the most.
I think I'm destined to just have a few bad months in a row to wind up this year that started so unbelievably zen and balanced.
But anyway, I got the first big smile on my face in a long time today. A true reminder of why my best friends are who they are. And the medium that it came to me in, today, was e-mail exchange. Excerpt as follows.
Me: "...Yeah Lynchyboy got us tickets at a mere R 350 a pop for the SA_AUS game. I am soooooooo excited. What I am *not* excited about, however, is going down to the old stomping ground and hiding from the Ps. I just cant stomach N. at the moment what with the mega-meltdown from June so I'm not even telling them I'm coming. It will feel weird, but i'm just not ready to kiss and make up yet. Is that petty? I'm just being honest with myself and my feelings are that - I dont wanna. But then I seem to second guess myself on abso-friggin-lutely everything these days when it comes to my quality of human beingship."
Him: "[before,] I would have told you that you need to face it up otherwise it will get bigger and bigger. But you what, I'm not so sure I buy that line anymore. I'm a little sick of late of people who are family or as good as family, saying things to people that they say are for their own good when in actual fact they are just blatantly derogatory comments which they wouldn't dream of saying to any other human being in the world but feel that it is ok to say it you cos "youre family". Well NO, its not fucking ok! How dare they think that just cos "youre family" that you don't deserve the same respect and dignity that everyone else deserves. So fuck em. They will have to learn to pull their head in."
OK so we might not have even been entirely on the same page, topic-wise, but it just gave me a lift and an imaginary slap on the back, for that moment. Sometimes you just need to be spoken to and advised by someone you care about and appreciate the approval of. I'm trying to remember the last time I got any of that good lovin stuff... well, I can't, but after today I remember that it feels so dang good. I mean, I dont want my friends blowing smoke up my ass, but sometimes it's just so nice to get a big fat "Go Team!" when you need one the most.
0 Responses to “Oh so THATS what friends are for....!”
Post a Comment