User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Squash thoughts

We play squash at the gym once a week during lunch time. Normally Wednesdays or Thursdays.
For some reason whenever I'm playing, every single time, my mind leaves the country. And it always has done so, even back in Ireland.

Back in Ireland we were playing Fridays and for the whole 40 minutes all I was thinking of was places to go out and eat in Botswana, our future home, as well as places where we used to go out and eat in Melbourne when we lived there.

Now, every time we're playing, I'm thinking of gyms to go to in the USA when we go back for xmas. I think of SKs gym, I think of the gym in the 'rents town that allows casual visits for a daily rate, (where we're committed to at least 3 visits per week while we're there), or maybe the YMCA gym. All of which have websites, that I think about. Then, on top of that, I'm also thinking of places to eat..... And sometimes, while I'm playing, I even start thinking of me playing squash back in Ireland and thinking of those places to eat in Botswana at the time!

It's just an automatic thought process that happens, which I can't control and I don't really understand. I honestly don't/can't think of anything else for those 40 minutes. And that whole thought-association thing with squash is just so bizarre and weird that I just had to blog it. I really can't think of anything else while I'm playing. WTF!? Yet these things never even really cross my mind if I'm out running, or working out at the gym, or doing anything else recreational. I just don't get it. Freaky.

2 Responses to “Squash thoughts”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I think I squash your head with my fingers. Squishy squashy Jillsley.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    More bloggies to comment on, almost out of shoes to eat. I will now watch Agatha Christie Murder on the Orient Express with beagley bassety, snoutly snoot.  

Post a Comment



© 2006