User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


2 days away

PULA!!
I'm sitting out on the stoep with the laptop listening/watching the first sounds of rain!! And how desperate we are for it!!! We're having our weekly/daily power cut, so that means I have [who knows how long] some time until this battery runs out. So let's see what I can come up with.

Firstly, viva la independencia for Botswana. [oooh lightning! good timing!] A tuesday/wednesday day off combo for us this week. It started bad, then ended good. In what is turning into a trend for me these days, I had about 48 straight hours of mental meltdown which cumulated in some epiphanies, some tears, some hours pounding my pillows, etc. But I think I'm back on top of things now and moving forward. It's just a time in my life right now where I'm second guessing every word that comes out of my mouth and every thought that comes into my head. And so off I go, onto a quest to be a better person. Less negativity, more positivity, more think-before-you-speak-it, more ethics and scruples. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.

Wow the trees are really swirling around and the thunder and lightning is now really shaking things up, but as for the first big fat raindrop... still waiting... it is pretty violent though- I just hope a big fat tree branch doesnt come straight for my head.

Summer is really in full swing now. And my favorite time of day is between 5 and 6:30. With all the chaos in the office these days and our mamoth projects etc., I'm going to have to make a real effort to ensure that I get home at least a few times a week to take advantage of that time. It's so lovely, the heat is just starting to fade, the sun is setting, the puppies are up for playtime, and all the birds come back out from whereever they've been hiding from the 39 degree weather.
OK my keyboard is TOTALLY covered in a layer of sand now...
but here's the positive spin, the reason to be grateful right here and now: JUST before the power went out, I fired up the laptop, popped in the network card, and got on line. THEN the power went out, and here I am - thoroughly enjoying myself out on the stoep, in the dark, hearing the sounds of a storm! and hopefully soon... PULA! I'm thinking some candles would be nice... provided I could figure out a way to not have them blow out.

Right. Candles. Check.
Question - how does one keep the nighttime creepie crawlies off one's laptop screen while outside in the summer????

We got a new camera. I'm still getting used to it, but here are some photos I took on the long mid-week holiday...
Starting with Prisca from next door's son, Prosper:








and with that last photo of sunset over the backyard, I shall sign off!

Labels: , ,

0 Responses to “2 days away”

Post a Comment



© 2006