And I thought the Irish drank a lot!
1 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 20 October 2008 at 10/20/2008 01:54:00 pm.
Holy jumping jesus cannonball into the swimmin' hole I've officially seen it all now....
We just said good bye to our visitors from Houston - and I need about 14 hours of sleep tonight or I'm not gonna make it out to the arse hole of the Kalahari better known as Letlhakane (for about the 5th time in 1 year) tomorrow. That L. is a whirlwind of booze, music quotes, movie quotes, and partytime. In my old age I didn't even ATTEMPT to catch up or keep up with her on the booze and partytime but even in my heyday of ages 20-25 I couldn't have hung. I didn't even know there were still people who drank in the morning! Does that really happen? I also had to study on sunday evening so I really only drank water on sunday and sent the visitors off to dinner by themselves since the Mr. had to work and I had to get about 80 pages of my course material read. But it was fun having a music head in the house to crank the stereo with and bounce random rounds of useless musical trivia information off of. We don't get those types 'round these parts.
Yeah so I am NOT looking forward to the work trip - that place is such a hell hole but being in my new positive outlook realm now, I've orchestrated a way that I have gotten out of doing the Public Consultation bit that I always have to do in front of the chief and his subjects, and rather this time I will instead be out doing my landscape assessment for the project while Joe & Connie and the Mr. are doing the public meeting. THAT way, I don't have to obsess and dread the thing I really despise doing, thereby making a situation where it's just being in the crappiest town in the country that I don't like. Plus I have to keep reminding myself, I get to do all these things with my dear sweet husbanator (including stay in the lodge and eat at the local greasy spoon) which really isn't a bad deal in itself. Just the 5 hour drive up, the heat, a day in the horrible awful mining town, and then back again Wednesday.
It's all good.
We just said good bye to our visitors from Houston - and I need about 14 hours of sleep tonight or I'm not gonna make it out to the arse hole of the Kalahari better known as Letlhakane (for about the 5th time in 1 year) tomorrow. That L. is a whirlwind of booze, music quotes, movie quotes, and partytime. In my old age I didn't even ATTEMPT to catch up or keep up with her on the booze and partytime but even in my heyday of ages 20-25 I couldn't have hung. I didn't even know there were still people who drank in the morning! Does that really happen? I also had to study on sunday evening so I really only drank water on sunday and sent the visitors off to dinner by themselves since the Mr. had to work and I had to get about 80 pages of my course material read. But it was fun having a music head in the house to crank the stereo with and bounce random rounds of useless musical trivia information off of. We don't get those types 'round these parts.
Yeah so I am NOT looking forward to the work trip - that place is such a hell hole but being in my new positive outlook realm now, I've orchestrated a way that I have gotten out of doing the Public Consultation bit that I always have to do in front of the chief and his subjects, and rather this time I will instead be out doing my landscape assessment for the project while Joe & Connie and the Mr. are doing the public meeting. THAT way, I don't have to obsess and dread the thing I really despise doing, thereby making a situation where it's just being in the crappiest town in the country that I don't like. Plus I have to keep reminding myself, I get to do all these things with my dear sweet husbanator (including stay in the lodge and eat at the local greasy spoon) which really isn't a bad deal in itself. Just the 5 hour drive up, the heat, a day in the horrible awful mining town, and then back again Wednesday.
It's all good.
Hey, I've got the photographic proof that you couldn't even hold your liquor all that extremely great even when you were in your youthful 20's!!! Heh heh... Seriously though, can you believe she's 5 years older than me and 7 (8?) years older than you and can party like that??? One last note: jeez, you sound so grown up and mature these days.