I Want Concert Information!!!
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 31 October 2008 at 10/31/2008 08:00:00 am.
OK NOW is the time... it's FINALLY that time when all my favorite bands will have gotten off their ASSES and planned their dates for late autumn/early winter. This is important to me, as Priority 1 (well one of the many, many Priority 1s) is seeing live music while we're back Stateside, as we are literally starved of it, here.
When we first made the decision to go back for the xmas hols, I was on Pollstar.com STRAIGHT AWAY. But lo and behold the only December/Jan info that they had for any city ("specifically", WashDC, anything geographically between DC and St. Louis, Kansas City, Columbia, New Orleans, and anything geographically between New Orleans and DC) was like Big Bill and the Cowpokes or whatever other Hooterville nobodys who plan their winter tours 7 months in advance...
But now is reasonable. Now they should have dates. Now I get to find out what decent rock/blues artists that I like actually play in the winter chill of December...
I need to get on my horse and start making plans!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously! Like Operation Priority 1 in full effect!!!
At least my parents live only 25 minutes away from the Blue Note which means even if there's nobody I'm DYING to see, at least there will be something.... please God don't let it be some college kid half-assed reggae cover band... who was it that was ALWAYS at the Blue Note way back when....? Who was that....? Agh! I can't remember, but whoever it was it was like the "aw jeeez, not THEM again" kinda lame-ass semi-famous ska band.... we all used to just groan and say "what do they do, a perpetual bi-monthly Central-Time-Zone-College-Town-Only tour??"
When we first made the decision to go back for the xmas hols, I was on Pollstar.com STRAIGHT AWAY. But lo and behold the only December/Jan info that they had for any city ("specifically", WashDC, anything geographically between DC and St. Louis, Kansas City, Columbia, New Orleans, and anything geographically between New Orleans and DC) was like Big Bill and the Cowpokes or whatever other Hooterville nobodys who plan their winter tours 7 months in advance...
But now is reasonable. Now they should have dates. Now I get to find out what decent rock/blues artists that I like actually play in the winter chill of December...
I need to get on my horse and start making plans!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously! Like Operation Priority 1 in full effect!!!
At least my parents live only 25 minutes away from the Blue Note which means even if there's nobody I'm DYING to see, at least there will be something.... please God don't let it be some college kid half-assed reggae cover band... who was it that was ALWAYS at the Blue Note way back when....? Who was that....? Agh! I can't remember, but whoever it was it was like the "aw jeeez, not THEM again" kinda lame-ass semi-famous ska band.... we all used to just groan and say "what do they do, a perpetual bi-monthly Central-Time-Zone-College-Town-Only tour??"
Labels: music, trip planning
0 Responses to “I Want Concert Information!!!”
Post a Comment