User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Pimped up in Botswana

41.5 damn degrees C.!!!

Ah spring/summer sundays. Sitting here waiting for the wood to get all coal-y so we can braai lamb chops tonight. Have spent the whole day in the togs, fighting the swimming pool... fighting it with the vacuum, the kreepie krawlie, the chemicals, a paint scraper, everything. It's still winning. FRICKIN ALGAE!!

This was a nice weekend. Last night we got all pimped up (literally the first time we've ever had an opportunity to get pimped up since we moved to BW... which most of the time is what I like about the casual dress code of this country... but I still miss having opportunities to get all dressy). It was the annual Gabz-city ballroom dancing academy's big dinner/dance/show. Our friend Lil was in the big exhibition, and P is part of the dance academy etc so a bunch of our friends all bought tickets and went.



All the different age groups did a thing or two... here's one of the little twerps


We went, we ate BUTTLOADS of catered indian food, drank a bunch of wine, and danced the odd cha-cha and waltz or two (Damn I miss our dancing school back in Ireland... we're forgetting so many dances it kills me), came home and crashed.


The whole day was long - we'd been out clothes shopping all day. Why shopping all day? (when I loathe clothes shopping as much as I do?) Because even The Mr. agreed I NEED A NEW WARDROBE. Apparently not only am I out of style but I must dress fat because A. asked me the other day if I was pregnant!! WTF!?!?! What really $£!&s me about that is the fact that I'm about a kg or 2 LIGHTER than I was this time last year and my fitness is at a total peak! I have been doing zillions of abs workouts lately though and I notice my abdominal muscles poking OUT rather than flattening, so we'll go with that for a theory for now. BUT STILL! Oh, I suppose I can also blame karma since I just asked Lillian (the old secretary) that same question (DOH!) last year, when she wasn't pregnant, of course.

Otherwise I cant think of much else. Well, everything is blooming like crazy in the garden now... came home the other night and Mary had fresh flowers waiting for us...
Oh and we have visitors from Houston coming this weekend which will be cool. I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be nice to have like minded souls who just want to cook and drink wine and listen to our mutual impeccable taste in music and hang out, rather than having to organize any major sight-seeing escapades in this heat.

Now I better go outside and check the fire and the Mr. and have an icy cold sundowner or two (oh yeah we also did some serious white wine stock-up shopping) before yet another hectic week at the office is upon me. Next weekend looks a lonnnnnnnnnng way away, from here.

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “Pimped up in Botswana”

Post a Comment



© 2006