User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Salad Wednesdays

Wednesdays The Mr. plays tennis with G. at 7, which means I have literally the whole night to myself. I come home by myself, go for a quick run with Sech before it gets dark. Tonight I even jumped in the pool after I came back which was heavenly.

THEN I make THE WORST dinners EVER made by me. It really confirms that which everyone always says "you don't really want to cook for just yourself". So far summer Wednesdays mean, for me, a wimpy tossed salad with no more than 4 ingredients, and maybe a frozen veggie burger w/ ketchup & mustard.

I would NEVER cook like that for another human being. Wow.
But hey it's good for my diet (my "NO I'M NOT PREGNANT diet").
Then, I get to do it all - chat online with the american peeps, play 80 rounds of Word Twist, watch a decadent 2.5 hours of TV: Simpsons - Burn Notice - CSI... AT THE SAME TIME, pick around on the banjo, lift some dumbbells.... it's pretty nice. All that time I'd otherwise spend coming up with something brilliant and unique in the kitchen - poof! It's amazing. That crappy little salad & frozen veggie patty is amazing, after all.

ummm what else....

At our Setswana class last night we met these 2 american chicks with BAD attitudes. They've only been in BW a couple months and obviously haven't set their watches to Africa Time. Ugh it makes me so annoyed. They just skinner and complain and tap their feet and shoot greasy looks over things that aren't perfect or right on time or not *EXACTLY* how they are used to. Even the Mr. said "those chicks should just quit and come back in 3 months after they realize how things work here". Jeeez like come on ENTITLED much???

Something is wrong with my right calf. It gets tight every time I run for longer than 20 minutes. And I am stretching so... beats me!?

what else what else what else
I was talking about food (just for something different) with Eric today - he had never heard of a poached egg. Try explaining "poached egg" to someone who's never seen one. "It's like.. an egg... boiled... in water.... but one that isn't wearing his shell....? And it looks like this.... (cup hands together)....?" Basically, here, you have fried... and boiled. The end.
Don't even get me started about what kind of fit he threw when he heard that if you go to the movies in the USA they will literally POUR LIQUID BUTTER over your popcorn. And then shake salt on it. I could've landed a jumbo jet in his mouth at that one.
crazy.
Then Leto (who lived in the UK 2 years) broke the news about caramel corn, and we nearly had to initiate CPR.

And also in the world of food we went out last night for Sofia's birthday dinner at our favorite Indian restaurant with a big ol' gang of folks and they all agreed that *I* should just order for everyone (because we eat there TOO MUCH and have tried everything - my doctrine being that you don't go to the same place over and over and just order the same ol' same ol!) So I did. A mix of all different levels of spice, prawns, lamb, chicken, veggie... a bit of everything. I ordered a bunch of starters and a bunch of mains and everyone loved everything - so much so, that they were already full from devouring all the starters before the mains came. So now I have like BUTTLOADS of leftovers in the fridge, it's like Doggy Bag Grand Central in there. DOH! (and I wasn't the only one who took stuff home!) But I ain't eatin' it!!!! I'm-not-pregnant-diet in full effect.

NOT looking forward to going BACK up to Letlhakane again next week.
NOT looking forward to sitting in a DEA workshop ALL DAY tomorrow.

AM looking forward to visitors this weekend.
AM looking forward to sinking a nice cold glass of white wine once the Mr gets home from whacking that little yellow ball around...

Labels: , , ,

0 Responses to “Salad Wednesdays”

Post a Comment



© 2006