User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Angry Weekend!

Now this is just getting nuts.

My weekend ended with a bang, that bang being the repeated (metaphorical) sound of my head on the table, the wall, the door, etc etc etc. I'm very very potentially considering going on strike as the Head of the Family Trip Planning Department as obviously it's taken for granted and completely underestimated in terms of effort, time, thought, and consideration for absolutely EVERYONE except for me!!

This same thing happened on our spring holiday to KZN this year, and I can see it becoming a trend. I get the job of doing all the hours of planning, perfecting, and worrying (which APPARENTLY just amounts to "sending a few emails with your friends" MY ASS), and The Mr. gets the job of complaining and dropping tiny little criticism after tiny little P/A critique over and over again, leaving me feeling paranoid (about him being miserable) and self conscious and angry about the fact that if he IS miserable, *I* am going to have to be the one that puts up with it for the duration of the holiday. OH and then hearing for the rest of my life about oh how he just had to suffer so much for so long on MY holiday...

Which is ironic, considering I have repeatedly begged and pleaded for input from him OVER AND OVER from as far back as 10 months ago... "where do you want to go?" "what do you want to see?" "which route do you want to drive from Point A to Point B??" and get absolutely NOTHING in the way of info.... "oh you choose, it's your country, I don't mind". Great, well now apparently the road trip isn't long enough and we're not doing anything that he wants to do. Nevermind the whole 9-days-driving-through-America part, which is for HIM, not ME!!!!

WHATEVER!!! PLAN IT YOURSELF NEXT TIME!!! I DARE YOU!!!
frickin prices and people and family and transport and dates and times and budgets and routes and other peoples' schedules and expectations and rental companies and new years eves and hotels and ALL of it.

A few emails to my friends.
MY ASS!!!

the truth is, if anyone had any of the slightest clue how long it takes to organize and plan and communicate and negotiate and troubleshoot and weigh options when it comes to operating one of these kind of trips, they would NEVER EVER dream of opening their mouth to comment unless it was going to be positive & supportive. And, should they unfortunately decide otherwise, if feelings did get hurt (even if it WAS supposedly unintentional), after acknowledging the fact that they were indeed wrong for being such a jerk, you'd think they'd at least feel sorry because they'd know how much effort and time and thought went into said planning. And get some flippin' PERSPECTIVE.

Labels: ,

1 Responses to “Angry Weekend!”

  1. # Blogger Adela c/s

    Well, at least Bean and I are very "go with the flow." You know that I cannot handle ONE more iota of stress these days, so NYE's--as far as I'm concerned--is que sera`, sera`!!! And it'll be great. :-)  

Post a Comment



© 2006