User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Memphis Time

Whenever I'm back in Memphis it's funny - I lived here during college for awhile, and I typically have an amazing geographical memory but for some reason I'm totally lost for the first few hours. This place changes dramatically all the damn time.

Anyway I'm glad we're staying at the posh ol' Comfort Inn in downtown - it's great, central, and wireless.

I miss it when I'm here, but I remember when I lived here I missed every place else. Typical me.

So the last few days were great, but it was time to go. Even though there's always 1000000 other things to do and people that didn't get seen, etc. I can catagorically say, however, that even with our few frustrations here and there, this was by far the most successful trip home I've made (family-wise) ever. Probably the least eventful and least painful ever. My concessions and patience re: the mominator payed off in spades and my tight micro-management of every single day on the schedule enabled us to spend only minimal time in the house around the potential dynamite situations that loom around the place. I consider it a winning trip back to the parents. At last! Here is the Mr's take on it all.

The flu that hit us the last couple days of our time there were a bummer, and the Mr. is still feeling "off", but we didn't let it ruin anything. Mainly because it was xmas day that it was at it's worst, and we had nothing planned that day outside of the fambly 'do. But it kinda took away a few restaurant trips that had been anticipated with excitement, until you're sitting at the table and looking at melted cheese and little balls of sausage going "eeewwww I'm gonna hurl!"

Last night we listened to a few blues bands and downed a few southern comforts on Beale after dinner (soul food - the Mr's first ever - and with a rumbly tumbly he didn't quite "absorb" the 100% dreaminess of chicken fried steak, gravy, greens, mac & cheese, and bbq beans), which helped fill the No-Live-Music-Ever void of our last 5-er-some-odd years.

Tomorrow it's off to Nawrlins which I'm excited about. Hope all goes smoothly, hope no one gets cranky, hope it's everything we're all dreaming of. I really don't want this month to end, that's for sure. As soon as me and the Mr and J. get in the car to drive northward on the 2nd it's gonna be the official LAST LEG of my vacation. :'( I'm dreading it!!

Labels:

0 Responses to “Memphis Time”

Post a Comment



© 2006