User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Back in town again

it's almost 1 am on saturday night and I can tell I'm missing the USA because I'm actually watching Baltimore vs. Tennessee on the ESPN football wrapup. hmmm... interesting.

Alan picked us up at Joburg yesterday, we went back to his place and went to O Basket for dinner and then tried to watch the Dark Knight but the Mr. and I kept falling asleep. Then we went to bed at midnight and slept til 3am. till some joker a-hole decided to ring my cellphone and woke us up. then we couldn't get back to sleep. so we watched video ipod episodes of Scrubs til 7am and then actually fell asleep til 11. damn! that's not gonna help for going to sleep at a decent hour tonight. oh well. thank god we've got tonight and tomorrow before having to be back in order for work monday. my travel tip for jetlag avoidance: always return on a friday!

anyway, I won't write the whole 9 yards now, but I will say that returning is bittersweet... why? because I had such a fantastic holiday that I didn't want it to end. I'll be honest, I dont want to go to work monday, but as 2009 is the year of positivity, I'll just focus on the fact that I missed the puppies and couldnt wait to see them, and it's nice to be not-cold again.

although I am in a bit of a post-holiday stupor. I'm confounded. Like, sitting here on the couch I'll think "hmmm, why am I so hot??" totally forgetting that it's summer. here.

and all the tv commercials are different... like, where's the Snuggie infomercial? and the "wow" shammy-sponge-thing?

anyway, it'll take me ages to type out all that I have to type post-trip, but I'll try to get it all out there as soon as I can. In short = it was brilliant. But I realized I really like my friends over yonder and will miss them so much for quite awhile now. :(

Labels:

0 Responses to “Back in town again”

Post a Comment



© 2006